Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty adventurous when it come's to culinary adventures, esp Asian. And I'm receptive to lab grown meat such as Beyond Meat but I'll hold off until they stop loading it with Sodium.

Now this beef by machine printing is something I can't quite wrap my head around.

But unlike standard methods which use materials like plastic or metal, 3-D bioprinting stacks living cells to build complex structures like blood vessels and muscle tissue.

It seems like doing things the hard way, more so than conventional. And not very appetizing. And I would be interested in a detailed accounting of carbon foot print/environmental impact compared to cows in a field.

Speaking of fatty bovine.
Actually had our first BBQ of the summer last night (long story, neighbor kids, rocks, broken sliders etc.)
Tried some burgers using 85/15, just not juicy enough, gotta stick with 80/20. Seasoned with Slap yo Mama, and a sauce of A1 & Chili Crunch. The real winner was a new bun, was like a brioche but had more of a bagel type chew to it, which tasted great and held together nicely- sorry no photos.

Speaking of fatty bovine.
Actually had our first BBQ of the summer last night (long story, neighbor kids, rocks, broken sliders etc.)
Tried some burgers using 85/15, just not juicy enough, gotta stick with 80/20. Seasoned with Slap yo Mama, and a sauce of A1 & Chili Crunch. The real winner was a new bun, was like a brioche but had more of a bagel type chew to it, which tasted great and held together nicely- sorry no photos.

At the risk of sounding stupid (oh what the heck).... I don't understand 85/15 or 80/20. Other than percents. Of what?

Im still curious about the rocks and broken sliders..............hey, dammit ! ...you kids get off my lawn !! lol
kid behind us threw a rock into our slider door and shattered it (access to the backyard BBQ), think he was just doing stupid kid stuff but it was damned expensive and a giant hassle. But hey we're good, we don't have our house burned down from forest fires or drowned out from hurricanes, so relatively, no big deal :)

Labor day weekend started on Friday with friends, craft beers, and brats & dogs around the fire.

Today is baby back ribs. Six hours on the smoke.

Monday will be Lasagna using tomatoes from the garden

ribs 1.jpg

ribs 2.jpg

Smoked a smallish chuck roast today. Probably the juciest, tastiest, most toughest meat I've ever cooked. I might need a jaw transplant by the time I gnaw through those 4 pounds.

Very interesting video here.

These good ol' bearded boys sure know their meat! Would love me 4 of those Dino Ribs ๐Ÿ’ช.
But the Flanken rib - quick/hot cook also sounds like something I need!

Notice the meat is really cold, nearly frozen; makes it easier to cut cleanly I believe.

Dexter meat hook (new Season shortly)- :LOL:

And if ya really love me Gene, you could send me some of these babies...

THE BEARDED BUTCHERS.jpg

• Love
Reactions: GOS
Back