The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These pair nicely
20210903_212909_HDR.jpg
folder.jpg

Long day yesterday...worked about 10 hours going 110% flat out all day...had a blast and it felt great. Got home and helped prep dinner and settled in for some tv time and few wobbly-pops....

Verboten "In Love With Summer" blonde ale with strawberry and rhubarb. Not bad but nothing special.
Verboten-Love-Summer-Blonde.jpg

Ex Novo "Mass Ascension - fresh hop v2021" IPA...love it, great stuff.
Ex-Novo-Mass-Ascension-Fresh-Hop2021.jpg

Boxing Bear "Glass Jaw" IPA. Another super local hop bomb
Boxing-Bear-Glass-Jaw-IPA.jpg

And some haze...Bow & Arrow "Sunset Fuzz" NEIPA
Bow-Arrow-Sunset-Fuzz-NEIPA.jpg

Another work day, busy but not overly so. Chillaxing before grilling a lamb leg steak for dinner.....

Springdale "Lavenade" - a lemon and lavender sour ale, not bad, could use maybe a bit more lemon.
Springdale-Lavenade-Tart-Ale.jpg

La Cumbre Brewing Co "Oktoberfest" v2021. My first marzenbier (but not the last!) of the season, and as usual they've done a very fine job.
LCBC-Oktoberfest2021.jpg

Sunday company for dinner...the cooks are grilling a big mess of ribs. I'll just chill out and enjoy.

Ex Novo - Mass Ascension - fresh hop IPA v2021
[IMG]

oh, and a couple from last night while watching TV...

La Cumbre "Luminosity" hazy IPA
[IMG]

and La Cumbre "Cosmic Drifter" hazy DIPA
[IMG]

I dig it. Nothing groundbreaking but a few tracks have a 7th Son vibe.
It's Maiden so you know, better than 75% of the new metal releases.

Friday, home from work, time for BEER

Shared with Mrs D and her mom, a can of Bow & Arrow "Strawberry Amigo" sour
Bow-Arrow-Strawberry-Amigo-Sour.jpg

And now, my first can of Ex Novo "German Overalls" oktoberfest marzenbier....super brew as I expected, glad I got a couple 4-packs!
Ex-Novo-German-Overalls-Festbier.jpg

The hop-fiend agenda this evening:

Bow & Arrow "Surf the Mesa" IPA. Great stuff...from the can design featuring our White Sands NP to the simcoe/citra hops inside...really smooth west-coast IPA with a nice subtle bite.
[IMG]

Sidetrack Brewing "Basecamp - fresh hop" - not as good as Ex Novo but still a solid brew from a great little neighborhood brewery.
[IMG]

and now a can of that most excellent Ex Novo "Mass Ascension - fresh hop" IPA
[IMG]

Company for Sunday dinner, we shared a crowler of Gravity Bound Brewing "Window Sill Scavenger" - a dessert sour with strawberry, rhubarb, vanilla and graham cracker.
Gravity-Bound-Window-Sill-Scavenger-Sour.jpg

And now a can of this really smooth and delicious Bow & Arrow "Surf the Mesa" IPA - I'm going to try stop by and get another pack of these...it's really nice!
Bow-Arrow-Surf-Mesa-IPA.jpg

Friday. Home from work. Mrs D bringing dinner when she finishes her shift....

Marzenbier time as it is the season...

Ex Novo "German Overalls"
Ex-Novo-German-Overalls-Oktoberfestbier.jpg

and Steel Bender Brewyard "Oktober Fiesta Lager"
SBB-Oktober-Fiesta-Lager.jpg

Ex Novo "Stay Goalden" ale
Ex-Novo-Stay-Goalden-Ale.jpg

A single can I saw at Total Wine....Maui Brewing "Big Swell" IPA. Never had a beer from Hawaii before...not bad but a tad on the average side.
Maui-Big-Swell-IPA.jpg

A recent staple...Ex Novo "Mass Ascension - Fresh Hop v2021" IPA...such delicious stuff!
Ex-Novo-Mass-Ascension-Fresh-Hop2021.jpg

Yay, weekend and beer time!

Steamworks (Durango, CO) "Prescribed Burn" chile ale
Steamworks-Prescribed-Burn-Chile-Ale.jpg

Bow & Arrow "Sunset Fuzz" hazy I{A
Bow-Arrow-Sunset-Fuzz-NEIPA.jpg

and one I picked up on the way home today - La Cumbre "Obscxura" wet hop NEIPA. Last year's release was really good after settling in for a week or so, this years is even better right after being canned...definitely buying more before they're gone and that means stopping by again tomorrow.
LCBC-Obscura-Wet-Hop-NEIPA.jpg

Back