Atmos in a car? 😳

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lucid-dolby.jpg
lucid-dolby.jpg

I doubt the car will have a physical disc player though. 'ATMOS' will be achieved through some sort of up-mixer.

I have a Kia Telluride SX with a Harmon Kardon 'surround system'. It's not real surround as it just up-mixes the stereo source. It's better than stereo, but it's also no true discrete surround sound.

I doubt the car will have a physical disc player though. 'ATMOS' will be achieved through some sort of up-mixer.
Like it or not, these days there are more Atmos songs available in internet streaming than on disc, especially the new songs coming out (albums AND singles), and also older songs that are/were not available on disc (Atmos, SACD, DVD-A, etc). And I'm assuming this car will have internet, so you don't need a disc player. But we'll see if it will actually support Tidal's Atmos (the Dolby Digital+/Atmos version, not the mobile/headphone version).

Last edited:
I would think the smaller the car the more difficult this would be to pull off.
Id like to see a VW Beetle outfitted for atmos as opposed to a medium size SUV.

Drive upside down?

....don't try this at home folks, not be recommended, having rolled a car! :SB:LOL: :oops:
As a further aside! The story: I was driving back home from the College Research project down a narrow country lane and as I came round a bend I saw a lorry so I braked, somebody had spilt diesel on the road so I started to skid, I thought, hit the lorry? or hit the Cornish hedge (rocks covered in grass!)?

I opted for the hedge, it didn't stop my car...... just flipped it :eek:. So there I was sliding initially on the drivers side along the road towards the lorry, then it fell over and I stopped, luckily so had the lorry.
What was playing on the cassette? Thin Lizzy's "Thunder & Lightning" and the track "When The Sun Goes Down"!!! :ROFLMAO:

I then got out and petrol was leaking, then I realised my unfinished PhD thesis was on the laptop so I scrambled back in and retrieved it. The police gave me a lift back to the Research Project and the security guy there got a pick-up and towed my battered car back to the project.

Somebody then offered me a lift home in their Land Rover, but my trials and tribulations were not over! As the ignition was started the Land Rover started to smoke then flames leapt out of the dash board. I eventually got home in one piece and uncharred! :p

Last edited:
Wait until a radio station puts a siren in an ad. The atmos-sphearix will think it is real.

Back