Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE BODY & SOUL OF FREDDIE HUBBARD [IMPULSE/AP STEREO REMASTER]

See the source image

Walter Gieseking, Piano: DEBUSSY COMPLETE PIANO WORKS [EMI Classics/4 MONO SACDs] Lovingly restored from the original MONO analogue Masters @ Abbey Road Studios. Comes in a hardbound book with a 43 page Glossy Booklet. Simply RESPLENDENT! Made in the EU

Image result for walter gieseking WALTER GIESEKING

See the source image

Last edited:
Way more to do with the mastering than the format.

In my experience, AP Stereo SACD remasters of all DDD 44.1/16 recordings which sounded superb as RBCDs were sonically superior in the higher res format.

Two Examples: Cowboy Junkies The Trinity Sessions. The original RCA RBCD sounded superb but the AP Stereo Remaster brings it to a different level as does Rob Wasserman's DUETS, both of which were original DDD 44.1/16 bit PCM recordings.

Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Session Rob Wasserman - Duets

Last edited:
Wonderful transfer this is the bomb cannot wait for Desperado :SB :QQlove :dance :rocks
I really want to get this (and the others) but the cheapest I've seen so far in the UK is at £45 :(

If I import I'll pay, currency conversion charges, 20% tax + £12 tax gathering fee! If amazon.com stock them I won't pay the tax gathering fee as tax is automatically added for UK shipments. I'll just have to be patient!

NOTTING HILL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK [Island Records/Universal Hong Kong Stereo SACD]. This has to be ONE OF THE MOST PLEASANT SURPRISES to grace my sound system from Universal's HK Imports. STUNNING in EVERY RESPECT. SONICS are UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS. VERY VERY HIGH RECOMMENDATION! Pressed in Japan

Notting Hill (Music From the Motion Picture) (Hybrid-SACD) [Import]

• 1 No Matter What - Boyzone
  • 2 She - Elvis Costello
  • 3 You've Got a Way (Notting Hill Remix) - Shania Twain
  • 4 I Do (Cherish You) - 98
  • 5 Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
  • 6 How Can You Mend a Broken Heart - Al Green
  • 7 In Our Lifetime - Texas
  • 8 Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
  • 9 When You Say Nothing at All - Ronan Keating
  • 10 Ain't No Sunshine - Lighthouse Family
  • 11 From the Heart - Another Level