Going digital discretely

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I think I get it. Rip the disc for protection and economy. But this still means getting the actual discs before ripping them, right? Is there any legal download of lossless surround music? I am in favor of laws, btw.

Ok, I think I get it. Rip the disc for protection and economy. But this still means getting the actual discs before ripping them, right? Is there any legal download of lossless surround music? I am in favor of laws, btw.

Yes, you still have to find a source for the disc contents. The physical DVDA discs can still be bought legally, on ebay, amazon, etc. Legal download providers are rare and the content of those releases is typically 'classical' rather than the most popular rock/pop releases.

Quite a few 'under the radar' options do exist, though, especially if you acquaint yourself with the world of torrents.

Yes, you still have to find a source for the disc contents. The physical DVDA discs can still be bought legally, on ebay, amazon, etc. Legal download providers are rare and the content of those releases is typically 'classical' rather than the most popular rock/pop releases.

Quite a few 'under the radar' options do exist, though, especially if you acquaint yourself with the world of torrents.

Ha ha, I get it. Seems like weā€™re quite far from the universal surround heaven that would be technically possible. Then again that is very much in line with the rest of our timeā€¦

Back