List the speakers you have

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Axiom set up
Fronts m-60’s
Center vp-160
Rears QS-8’s
Sub ep-350

I purchased these in 2005 except the center…..really just for home theater. Just had a few multi channel disks. Due to circumstances and Rona found myself relegated to the house. So I found a new and expensive hobby 😂😂😂. Still trying to catch up. I had the 150 in the center and it wasn’t great so I purchased the 160 this past year, really like it. Thinking about upgrading the surrounds to m-60’s due to the quads.

I updated my Elac speakers (although when compared to my new speakers, they still sound very good) to Dali Opticon 5's for both front and rear, and Dali Opticon Vokal for center. I am a sucker for the ribbon tweeters, and these have a hybrid ribbon and dome tweeter. I discovered that by having the 4 main speakers the same, then selecting extended stereo (my rear speakers are actually barely behind me) it is almost surround sound with everything I listen to. It isn't discreet but sounds amazing. Is it the new speakers being the same or the stereo effect? Yes!
Having timbre matched speakers makes a HUGE difference in listening to music and watching movies. For me timbre matching is a "golden" rule of surround sound.

My budget surround sound speaker systems:

4 Polk T15s + Polk PSW108 (2 complete systems, basement and former bedroom/new media room)
2 Polk Monitor 4s + 2 Polk computer speakers [came w/HP xt953 PC] (bedroom, DynaQuad setup)

I listen to popular music, new and old movies and quite a few old TV shows (recorded from MeTV, Antenna TV, COZI-TV etc.), these speakers are adequate for this application.

If I upgrade the speakers I'll look at the offerings from Polk Audio first since I'm happy with their performance.

Kirk Bayne

Large medical bills have forced further downsizing/selling off speakers, and buying cheaper ones. Sold my 6 Def Tech BP2000 speakers (well I gave my son 1 pair for his HT room). This should be my final setup for the short remainder of time I have on this planet.

Fronts- Mirage M3si
Center- Mirage Csi
Rears- Mirage OM-10
Back Surround- Mirage OM-R2
Front Height- Mirage Nanostat
Subwoofer-Stereo Integrity 18 inch

all of this in a 13 X 14 bedroom in a Condo.
N3I70tN.jpg

MgyeiIw.jpg

Dnscaub.jpg

ZLnvwMs.jpg

Last edited:
Large medical bills have forced further downsizing/selling off speakers, and buying cheaper ones. Sold my 6 Def Tech BP2000 speakers (well I gave my son 1 pair for his HT room). This should be my final setup for the short remainder of time I have on this planet.

Fronts- Mirage M3si
Center- Mirage Csi
Rears- Mirage OM-10

N3I70tN.jpg

MgyeiIw.jpg

Dnscaub.jpg
Well maybe small comfort but your downsizing exceeds I think other people's ambitions. And really, that is something.

Well maybe small comfort but your downsizing exceeds I think other people's ambitions. And really, that is something.
I found some really great deals and have a very small amount (around $600 in all the 9.1 system). We have no money left over each month living on SS Income and paying large rent, car payment, medical bills, insurance, etc. So if I want something extra, I have to sell something. I've had the same $ 20 dollar bill in my wallet for the past 3 months :mad:

I found some really great deals and have a very small amount (around $600 in all the 9.1 system). We have no money left over each month living on SS Income and paying large rent, car payment, medical bills, insurance, etc. So if I want something extra, I have to sell something. I've had the same $ 20 dollar bill in my wallet for the past 3 months :mad:
Well Sir, no major health problems like you but I understand retiro-nomics. Oh man, I've had the same 20 bucks in my billfold for the last 3 months too.

B&W Nautilus 802 fronts
B&W HTM1 Center
B&W 805 Rears
B&W DB1 Subwoofer (the ASW4000 died :-( )

Pretty close to my main system:

B&W 802Ds (front pair)
B&W HTM1 center
B&W 804D2 (sides)
B&W DB1 and B&W ASW825 subs
Focal SR1000BE backs,
4 x Focal 300 series ceiling

Here’s a couple of photos from about 12 months ago I posted on another thread.

Front view: (77" LG CX OLED. Fronts, Subs & Ceiling speakers at top - home made cabinet made from Ikea bits. I’ve got new power amps now)
IMG_1169.jpg

Rear view: (Rear ceilings, Rears up high, the two sides) - bar fridge (essential) and a bar table:
IMG_1166.jpg

Fronts- Mirage M3si
Center- Mirage Csi
Rears- Mirage OM-10

N3I70tN.jpg

MgyeiIw.jpg

Dnscaub.jpg

ZLnvwMs.jpg

I am sorry to hear of your limited time. I hope you spend it wisely. Music has always been a good investment of my time so enjoy yours as you can.

My budget surround sound speaker systems:

4 Polk T15s + Polk PSW108 (2 complete systems, basement and former bedroom/new media room)
2 Polk Monitor 4s + 2 Polk computer speakers [came w/HP xt953 PC] (bedroom, DynaQuad setup)

I listen to popular music, new and old movies and quite a few old TV shows (recorded from MeTV, Antenna TV, COZI-TV etc.), these speakers are adequate for this application.

If I upgrade the speakers I'll look at the offerings from Polk Audio first since I'm happy with their performance.

Kirk Bayne
I used to have Polks. I found Elacs as another great budget speaker and actually liked the sound much better. Granted, my Polks were a bit dated, but the Elacs sounded cleaner and clearer. Also better bass. Maybe you could look into them. They sound way above their price, imo. Black Friday sales make them cheaper than most Polks. I got mine as "B" stock from the Elac site, and I couldn't find an imperfection on them. Basically got them for less than half price. I suggest using a good sub (or 2) perhaps the Elac, but I prefer SVS. Just wanted to share my experience. They look good without the grilles, too.

4 HSU HB1MK2 Corners
1 HSU HC1MK2 Center
2 HSU STF2 Subwoofers
4 Klipsch HDT500 Ceiling Mounted Atmos
Upgraded the complete speaker system back last May 2020.
I now have the new JBL Synthesis line of 4 JBL HDI-3600's in the corners, a HDI-4500 center, and 2 SVS SB2000 subwoofers. Still using the Klipsch HDT500's ceiling mounted for Atmos-Auro but have my eyes open for something new (a little bigger with more punch). Also looking at doing some further room treatments Short of a Megalotto win, I expect this rig to go to the grave with me. The JBL's sound incredible, inner detail and dynamics are some of the best I've ever heard while being very smooth and easy to listen to at the same time. I'm extremely pleased with my purchasing decision.
IMG_2911.JPG

Last edited:
The hi-fi gear has designs on taking over the house. Music software simply won't hear of it, and is constantly augmenting its' forces.

Didn't outfit the bathrooms yet, but I replaced the boom box in my laundry room w/Polk S10's and an Onkyo 5.1. An upgrade for sure.

Also: added a Polk 12" sub for our bedroom system.

Think we'll stand pat on speakers. A couple electronics upgrades are next.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat Linda???:eek: Nothing in the Bathrooms?? For shame :LOL:

Media Room HT - Def Tech Mythos 7 l,r,c, 2 Def Tech Mythos ceiling mounts, B&W ASW750 & Def Tech SC2000 Supercube subs

Media room 2 Ch - Monitor Audio GS 20 towers

Library 2 ch system 1- PSB Synchrony II towers. System 2 - Paradigm Export Monitor bookshelves

Living Room HT - 2 Def Tech Mythos STS Supertowers, Mythos 7 center, 2 built ins in ceiling

Art Studio 2ch - NHT towers

four QSI Nubian 345 speakers (main and surround)
four Peitone 0.5 speakers from a J C Penney quad compact (center, sides, and center back)
four detachable speakers from two Sony boomboxes from an auction (kitchen mains and surrounds)
four Realistic Minimus 0.5 speakers (bathroom/isolation-booth mains and surrounds)

I do not have the money to buy top equipment. The ones I spent the money on are the Nubians. The others I got at pawn shops and auctions.

*I got the Nubians in 1974, and they sound just as good today as they did then. I made sure to get speakers without foam surrounds.

Back