Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruising Apple Music, thanks for the heads up on these., Some notes.
1. Everything is coming across Lossless at 24/48.
2. Listings that have names all in Spatial Audio, Dolby Atmos plays Atmos. Dolby Audio plays either 5.1 or 4.0.
Lossless plays stereo.
So far so good.
Isley Brothers 3+3, even though two tracks are listed as (SQ-Quad Mix) they play as stereo.

@fredblue Adam, how did you find the Dolby Audio 4.0 of Weather Report? I found it using the search, and plays well in 4.0, and I added it to my library, but I would have never known about it had you not posted. I don't see it in Spatial Audio.

There is a new release, very good in stereo by Los Lobos, covering the song The World Is A Ghetto.

i can't find 3+3 in Dolby Audio 🤷‍♀️

But if it is in SQ one could decode it right? From Stereo, like Synergy.

If titles such as this one are legit enjoyable, hopefully OOP prices will finally come down to reasonable...
:rocks I'll be listening to these after work...if they are anything like what I was finally able to hear last night...:SB and these long OOP continue to appear on Apple Music in Dolby Audio or Atmos, then the OOP market is about to flatline...

Looks like we getting 3 Christmas's this year...
Apple 🍎releases Dolby Atmos
Apple 🍎release Dolby Audio

And ...George Harrison's - All Things Must Pass in Dolby Atmos.

Somebody wake me up from this deep dream... :rocks
Apple keeps on proving to me it was worth cancelling Tidal and Qobuz...I don't even use my free Pandora anymore. Spotify and Amazon Music...what are those?? LOL Amazon has a music service?? :hi

:rocks I'll be listening to these after work...if they are anything like what I was finally able to hear last night...:SB and these long OOP continue to appear on Apple Music in Dolby Audio or Atmos, then the OOP market is about to flatline...

I just hope the reissue market (e.g. for outfits like Dutton) doesn't flatline.

I'd also be curious to know who at Apple and/or Sony/BMG is making the decisions about what to let out of the bag--and how, and when. I mean...on one day, out of nowhere, a random handful of quad and 5.1 titles appear. A few of them are officially listed on the "New in Spatial Audio" thread, without fanfare; a couple of others aren't. (Who knows what else is already lurking out there unheralded?) Some don't play back properly on some people's systems, and at least one isn't actually encoded in "Dolby Audio." But in principle, everything that's already on Tidal & Amazon in the "Sony 360" format might be ready to drop, yeah? And then some. Who's drawing up the release schedule, and according to what logic, if any?

I'd also be curious to know who at Apple and/or Sony/BMG is making the decisions about what to let out of the bag--and how, and when. I mean...on one day, out of nowhere, a random handful of quad and 5.1 titles appear. A few of them are officially listed on the "New in Spatial Audio" thread, without fanfare; a couple of others aren't. (Who knows what else is already lurking out there unheralded?) Some don't play back properly on some people's systems, and at least one isn't actually encoded in "Dolby Audio." But in principle, everything that's already on Tidal & Amazon in the "Sony 360" format might be ready to drop, yeah? And then some. Who's drawing up the release schedule, and according to what logic, if any?
In regards to "reissues" I would suppose that as long as Dutton, et. al. pay the licensing fees, that market won't dry up.

No doubt too, as far as decisions to release these, that just seems to be so random!! Logic?? What's that?? :p

I agree about DV, I would like to see them thrive and continue to issue value-priced SACDs on a regular basis.

As for Apple, et al, who knows what goes on behind the scenes? There must be a whole lot of negotiations, legal reviews, contracts, licensing, fee discussions, marketing, etc. Probably a massive undertaking that we don't get to see first hand. I don't care if they come out randomly and with little fanfare, I'm just happy to have them at all. This has been a fantastic year for surround overall, if you ask me. On the upswing big-time after appearing to be almost dead a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back