50th Anniversary Jesus Christ Superstar (various formats)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was fabulous, don't recall what the overall sound was like though (I've experienced some pretty awful sound from NBC music for awhile now, like SNL stuff.)
I watched it when it was broadcast and really enjoyed it. I recall there being sound issues though, I think the sound kept going in and out or something.

Releases this Friday 09/17/2021. I can't wait. Ordered the special edition LP album with print, and the 3CD edition. They will go good with my existing 2 albums and my 2012 CD. Do I need them? You bet!

Releases this Friday 09/17/2021. I can't wait. Ordered the special edition LP album with print, and the 3CD edition. They will go good with my existing 2 albums and my 2012 CD. Do I need them? You bet!

Maybe there'll be a stealth Atmos mix on the streaming services? It's happened more than once recently with anniversary box sets...

Though I played this to death back in the 70s, it's been years since I listened to the album. But I did purchase a recent live video of it:

View attachment 69672

View attachment 69673
Jesus Christ Superstar Live Arena Tour
  • NR
  • 1h 44m
  • HD
I enjoyed it a lot. I have it on Movies Anywhere streaming and it's eligible for screen pass, which means I can share up to three movies a month. If anyone's interested in checking it out, let me know and I'll send you a link.

Available from AmazonUS for under $11. Read the review on blu~ray.com

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jesus-Christ-Superstar-Live-Arena-Tour-Blu-ray/76575/#Review
8149iNiRjAL._SL1500_.jpg

I got my two shipping notifications too! I was worried for a while, hoping that it would be shipped earlier for arrival tomorrow. On another note, yesterday I found this on Amazon if you enjoy the movie. It is a behind the scenes documentary of the making of the film.
Superstars
811noEcswKL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: GOS
Two notes... The Masters were lost in the Universal fire. The last set done before this was actually remastered from Andrew Lloyd Webber's personal safety copy. I don't know the source from this current release. It's worth noting though that disc three of the 3 Disc set in Europe has a different track listing than the US. So you'd have to buy both to get everything.

I just finished listening to the 50th on CD through headphones, and am very pleased overall. Best sounding version for sure. A lot of artifacts that Iā€™ve never heard or pick up before. Love the buzzy bass at the beginning. I tried to pay more attention to the instruments over the singing too and found new things as well. The extras are interesting and worth including. The sound quality of the extras is a lot better than youā€™d expect and I like the instrumentals. Also interesting is the alternate lyrics presented on some songs.

9CE97B0B-8333-4EBD-9521-8DC716B93700.jpeg

The two on the right are the 50th anniversary edition. The LP in the original UK cover art, and a 10ā€ box with 3 CDs and hard bound book with the history. The jewel box is Andrew Lloyd Webberā€™s 2012 remaster. The two LPs on the left are my original 1970 Decca, and a later MCA release. Iā€™ve seen at least 5 stage productions, and the movie quite a few times and I have the film poster framed, and a T-shirt with the angel logo. What? Iā€™m a fan!

Back