Steven Wilson Fun Poll: Predict Steven Wilson's 2021 5.1/Atmos Mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well...1 is Storm Corrosion (Atmos)....mehh

"It’s perfect for 5.1 because there’s no drums. I’ve just done an Atmos mix of the album, because that’s an album that’s going to be ten years old next year as well."

https://www.loudersound.com/news/st...VC52pFaue31OTVYMZc-kvnyehUAUiXwa4pZ_RYd8qvaPg
I was reading the article and thinking why the hell a remix was needed, until I got to the Atmos part. I like Storm Corrosion much more than any other SW collaboration (Blackfield, No-Man...) so I'm in for this one :SB

I would be on board for Uriah Heep although I only have one of their albums the one with the mirror cover. Great goodwill find.

(Just a gentle reminder that general conversation about all of this is great, but please try and choose one specific album as well - think of it as your "lottery numbers" for when I tabulate the results of this thread at the end of the year.)

Steven and Tim Bowness just put up the 1981 edition of The Album Years podcast, and unless I missed something, there was absolutely no discussion of Ghost In The Machine. So, if the album wasn’t worth mentioning during an hour-long podcast, I fear I’m already out of the running. :LOL:

I guess we now know of at least one of these projects you were alluding to!
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...dolby-atmos-mixes-out-soon.31148/#post-585234

I want a 'Rocks' Aerosmith 45th anniversary 5.1 mix.
I listened to a Podcast that included talk of Jethro Tull's surround mixes where Mr Wilson mentioned he'd never heard a quad mix. Would be good to see what he would make of Rocks, I doubt he'd have horse galloping around the room (back in the saddle), so I hope the quad mix would be included if it ever happened

I want a 'Rocks' Aerosmith 45th anniversary 5.1 mix.
I listened to a Podcast that included talk of Jethro Tull's surround mixes where Mr Wilson mentioned he'd never heard a quad mix. Would be good to see what he would make of Rocks, I doubt he'd have horse galloping around the room (back in the saddle), so I hope the quad mix would be included if it ever happened

he's never heard a Quad mix of anything ever!? 😱😳🤯

he's never heard a Quad mix of anything ever!? 😱😳🤯
Yup, that's what he said. He was asked about the jethro tull quads and said he hadn't heard them and then said he hadn't heard any vintage quads at all.

I doubke checked and its around the 38 minute mark in the 'what do you call that noise' xtc podcast with him. An excellent listen where he talks about how he got into surround mixing.

Last edited:
Now that would be awesome. While I'm wishing, someday I'd like a proper release of ...And Justice For All that actually has bass guitar in it.
Not up to SW standards (and obviously not Atmos), but PM me if you want to hear my stab at 5.1 upmix/surround remixes of RTL, MOP and AJFA from the GuitarHero stems, the later of which also tries to address the lack of bass...

Back