You want more Bob James multichannel SACDs? Here you go....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's an old Warner DVD-A of Fourplay in 5.1, wonder if they recycled the mix or its a new one..? 🤔
R-2289417-1295217395.jpeg.jpg

Probably the same one. The Warner MLP DVD~A 5.1 sounds spectacular ... so why duplicate? As for the Stereo SACD of Bob James Feel Like Making Love LIVE, definitely IN. Those Evosound BJ SACDs sound AMAZING.

I aso have Fourplay ENERGY in SACD 5.1 from the Heads UP label

R.fdded8fa27b84b7045d6246841cce69f

Last edited:
R-2289417-1295217395.jpeg.jpg

Probably the same one. The Warner MLP DVD~A 5.1 sounds spectacular ... so why duplicate? As for the Stereo SACD of Bob James Feel Like Making Love LIVE, definitely IN. Those Evosound BJ SACDs sound AMAZING.

I aso have Fourplay ENERGY in SACD 5.1 from the Heads UP label

R.fdded8fa27b84b7045d6246841cce69f

i don't know why they'd duplicate it Ralphie, maybe the DVD-A's hard to find now so there's demand for it? or they just needed to pad it out with value content.. or it may be a new mix by the fellow who did Mr. Big?

tbh its been years since i last gave the DVD-A a spin but i don't remember it being anything exceptional in Surround terms though, is it better than i remember?

wonder if the Bob James Live's Stereo only after all? the blurb seems to suggest its 5.7? i mean 5.1 of course.. but do they? 😂

I take it the 5.1 on the live album is pretty much confirmed now:
BJT2.jpg

https://tower.jp/item/5254424/Feel-Like-Making-Live
Bob James releases his latest album "Feel Like Making Live!"! A self-cover album with high resolution / live recording of representative songs from the solo / Fourplay era!

Known as a world-famous jazz pianist, composer, and arranger, jazz Bob James, who is supported by a wide range of generations, not only fans but also young hip-hop lovers, has released the latest work in three years since "Espresso" released in 2018.
As a culmination of 60 years of career, a self-cover album has been completed, which is a live recording of the representative songs of solo / Fourplay so far with high resolution recording. Enjoy powerful performances and masterpieces that will not fade even after you are over 80 years old.

- First trio self-cover album
- 96 / 24 high resolution recording, 5.1 multi-channel recording
- not only his own representative songs, but also Elton John "Rocket Man", Erol Ghana- "Misty" Cover song of
- MQA-CD, SACD comes with Japanese band and commentary

JP, I actually opted for this edition: MQA~CD and BD~V. The way I look at it, for a few dollars more I'm sure the BD~V has the same discrete mix as the SACD and all those MQA~CDs I have sound SPECTACULAR!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/feel-like-making-live-mqa-cd-blu-ray-dolby-stereo/4897012137888

That is assumming it's a "LIVE" Discrete , Ralphie.
I would say not too many live discrete 5.1 albums have been released , live discrete is kinda 5.1 in the minority.

So hoping it's in the minority.

That is assumming it's a "LIVE" Discrete , Ralphie.
I would say not too many live discrete 5.1 albums have been released , live discrete is kinda 5.1 in the minority.

So hoping it's in the minority.

You're probably correct, Fizzy. But I would imagine that EVOSOUND will utilize the same mix that's extant on the BD~V as the multi~CH SACD ..... for a few dollars more and the tracks on both from James' 70's/80's output are, IMO, worth the investment!

Last edited:
You're probably correct, Fizzy. But I would imagine that EVOSOUND will utilize the same mix that's extant on the BD~V as the multi~CH SACD ..... for a few dollars more and the tracks on both from James' 70's/80's output are, IMO, worth the investment!
Knowing you Ralphie, you'd just do a quick turnaround double-tap and order the fully surround SACD anyway right?

This gets confusing now I don't know if I ordered this title, will order from Amazon in case I double dipped.

Just saw my importcds receipt for the new Bob James SACD, it said it will be released tomorrow 11/12, they better deliver this one or else I'll be one unhappy camper with importcds!

Back