Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to confirm that Blue Oyster Cult album does play in 5.1 for me from my Apple TV. Weirdly that Coldplay album still shows on my phone as Dolby Audio but not on Apple TV. I am wondering if the major new Apple OS releases on Monday will change all of this.
There is a center channel on Agents Of Fortune but not on Tyranny & Mutation

D - U - N - E
-Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
*I'm getting the feeling this is more immersive than the Sketchbook version I heard earlier

DUNE OMPST.JPG

Hitsville (select tracks only)
Apple TV4K

Get Ready - The Temptations
The Way You Do The Things You Do - The Temptations
I Wish It Would Rain - The Temptations
Reach Out I'll Be There - Four Tops
Abc - Jackson 5
I Want You Back - Jackson 5

View attachment 71571

Interesting. Several of those tracks--but not all of them--were/are also on Tidal.

Played this today,nice mix and music,but this is loud!!! I played it after White Buffalo in Atmos(Nice:)),and I almost pissed my pants.Had to lower the volume 10db.Reminded of Tidal.
Yeah, and even within that Hitsville stuff there’s lots of variation to volume and quality; and most of the mixes on those seemed pretty tame as well unfortunately.

Played this today,nice mix and music,but this is loud!!! I played it after White Buffalo in Atmos(Nice:)),and I almost pissed my pants.Had to lower the volume 10db.Reminded of Tidal.

yeah that's weird its so loud i don't remember the SACD being like that do you?!! 😬🤯
also i couldn't find it for a while because it wasn't labelled as Dolby Audio, then i played one of the tracks from Switchfoot's Essentials Playlist and up it came in 5.1, seems its the first 11 tracks of the Deluxe Version only that's in Surround?

Yeah, and even within that Hitsville stuff there’s lots of variation to volume and quality; and most of the mixes on those seemed pretty tame as well unfortunately.

limited multi’s maybe? or the engineers were just being a bit reverential/cautious with Motown material fearing would be sacrosanct to mix it too wackily, idk?

Last edited:
Yeah, but I liked Midnight Love, what’s your take on that one?

never liked too much off that album tbh, except Sexual Healing.. kinda sterile production, uninspired performances and some weak material.. the 5.1 on the old MultiCh SACD was ok, from what i remember. i need to give it another try now its in 'glorious' Dolby Audio on Apple TV! 🤩👌

yeah that's weird its so loud i don't remember the SACD being like that do you?!! 😬🤯
also i couldn't find it for a while because it wasn't labelled as Dolby Audio, then i played one of the tracks from Switchfoot's Essentials Playlist and up it came in 5.1, seems its the first 11 tracks of the Deluxe Version only that's in Surround?
Don't have the SACD,in fact I have never heard of the band before now.But it's nice music and mix.

never liked too much off that album tbh, except Sexual Healing.. kinda sterile production, uninspired performances and some weak material.. the 5.1 on the old MultiCh SACD was ok, from what i remember. i need to give it another try now its in 'glorious' Dolby Audio on Apple TV! 🤩👌
Oh Please Please Do Freddie Blue! I read your Poll comments and could hardly believe it BTW 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back