Air 10 000 Hz Legend (20th Anniversary with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos Mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Never heard of this record but details are here: 10 000 Hz Legend (20th Anniversary)

Air celebrates the 20th anniversary of the magnificent 10 000 Hz Legend with a special 2CD/Blu-Ray edition.

A fresh and ambitious release that incorporates influences from mid-1970s Pink Floyd, 1980s synth pioneers and 1960s soundtrack composers, the album was conceived as a love letter to both technology and musical history.

The Blu-Ray includes a 5.1 mix, a PCM stereo mix and a Dolby Atmos mix of the album.

Never heard of this record but details are here: 10 000 Hz Legend (20th Anniversary)

Air celebrates the 20th anniversary of the magnificent 10 000 Hz Legend with a special 2CD/Blu-Ray edition.

A fresh and ambitious release that incorporates influences from mid-1970s Pink Floyd, 1980s synth pioneers and 1960s soundtrack composers, the album was conceived as a love letter to both technology and musical history.

The Blu-Ray includes a 5.1 mix, a PCM stereo mix and a Dolby Atmos mix of the album.
me neither rt, heck I never heard of Van der Graaf Generator either. But I sampled the music, and will probably go for it!

10000 Hz Legend is not my favorite Air album either. However, this style of music has the potential to really be special in 5.1 and Atmos. Hopefully it will lead to other Air surround mixes.
Does anyone know who worked on the surround mix?

Does anyone know who worked on the surround mix?
Translated from the Amazon France description:
"... Atmos mix from the original multi-tracks by Bruce Keen (albums' original engineer) and Gildas Lointier."
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B09GSCY55Q?tag=forumyield-20
1632350213471.png

Never heard of this album, but am enjoying the stream of it on Apple Music.

I'm waiting for it to show up on at a US seller. Shipping from the UK has become exorbitant. It's too bad, I would like to support Burning Shed.

Love this album and really looking forward to the reissue. First album of Air that I got. I always think you have a special attachment to the first album of a band that you hear (unless it’s a complete turd of course). Anyway I digress. This will be fantastic in 5.1 & Atmos I’m sure. So much going on.

Alas 10,000 Hz Legend doesn't do it for me. But if and when Moon Safari and/ or Premeries Symptomes get the surround sound treatment then I'm in for sure!
I agree. I was very disappointed with this album, as I had enjoyed (and still do enjoy) Premiers Symptômes and particularly Moon Safari so much. However, I’ll probably still buy it!

Back