NIRVANA - NEVERMIND 30th Anniversary Editions coming in MovemberšŸ˜Š

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it won't (have a multi-channel featured on the blu ray). Another lost opportunity. So close, yet so far away...

I would like to believe that there's still ignorance in the topic when it comes to artists/musicians. Maybe if they had experienced it, they'll be pushing it! I'm talking in general obviously.

The only hope right now is that they will release it digitally (Dolby Atmos through Apple Music, Tidal).

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that the multitracks are available? And you support this by posting an article about the master tapes being destroyed? I'm so confused.

Sounds like it won't (have a multi-channel featured on the blu ray). Another lost opportunity. So close, yet so far away...

I would like to believe that there's still ignorance in the topic when it comes to artists/musicians. Maybe if they had experienced it, they'll be pushing it! I'm talking in general obviously.

True. The Pretenders are another example. They just announced multi-disc reissues of their first two albums. Sadly, no surround content.

The most we could hope for is [gulp!] an UPMIX. Glad I have this Stereo BD~A

R.dae846cc626d0ae72d97c842a7078ad3

Wait isnt there a difference between the original multi tracks and the master tapes? The master tapes are the completed mix, usually in stereo, yes? Wouldn't they be able to do future surround mixes by going back to the original multi track recordings and doing a new mix?

well kurts dead and dave grohl did release a few (very good BTW) surround dvd-a's so I'm not sure what other artist would be calling the shots for this release??

Damn, I already have the Pure Audio blu-ray. I would love to have the live recordings although I doubt I'd listen to them more than once or twice. Maybe if it's in the $50 range which is highly doubtful.
I just read that the dude on the cover is demanding that his winky be covered. That will mean the cover will have to be altered, unless he is just looking for a payout in which case it means they will have to pay to use the image.

Damn, I already have the Pure Audio blu-ray. I would love to have the live recordings although I doubt I'd listen to them more than once or twice. Maybe if it's in the $50 range which is highly doubtful.
I just read that the dude on the cover is demanding that his winky be covered. That will mean the cover will have to be altered, unless he is just looking for a payout in which case it means they will have to pay to use the image.

jeff bezos lost 100's of millions in his divorce all because of his "dick pick" and now this guy wants to become bezos type rich all becuase of his dick pick.

who knew dicks were so expensive? lol

Last edited:
jeff bezos lost 100's of millions in his divorce all because of a "dick pick" and now this guy wants to become bezos type rich all becuase of his dick pick.

who knew dicks we so expensive? lol
I wonder if they could get around it by just photoshopping a generic winky on the image.
Or maybe a pair of swim trunks.;)

The most we could hope for is [gulp!] an UPMIX. Glad I have this Stereo BD~A

R.dae846cc626d0ae72d97c842a7078ad3
You mean this bluray with a copy of a volume war loud CD master copied to it?

To be fair, it still sounds good! I thought so anyway. It was around -8 LUFS and blasticated though.

So the multitracks were still analog for this one... So they didn't lose it in the circa 2000 dead zone from hard drive failure or archive disc rot. But then the place burned down. Man...

That article was clearly written by someone who doesn't have the slightest idea what the difference between a master mix tape and a multitrack tape are. Sounds like we can infer the multitracks are what was lost though.

I am disappointed. Probably my all time favorite album. I already have these common concerts in high quality. The Paradiso show on Blu-ray is nice, but wish it was available as a standalone release like the Paramount show was at the time of the 20th anniversary.

Last edited:
The multitracks are the recordings of all of the individual parts.

Note that if 4-track or 8-track multitracks are used, there can be more than one part on a track.

The masters are the finished mixdowns of the multitracks. All of the parts are mixed together including their pan positions.

In fact, the ONLY real differences between a 2-track master and a 4-track master are the number of tracks and the pannings of the parts among the tracks.

Since I use QS, I make a 2-track master, doing the encoding right on the mixer.

It is possible to diddle with the master to make a matrix surround mix. I have done that a few times.

And unless the multitracks were made with a quad mix in mind, the necessary elements for a good quad mix might not be present.

When did we get a new month?

If there was a fire and the records were incomplete, how could they know what items were destroyed?

Back