Bruce Springsteen - No Nukes concerts - Madison Square Garden 1979 - CD/DVD/Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

Released November 19, 2021.

Audio mixed by Bob Clearmountain.

The Second Disc.

“The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts,” a Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band film featuring ten never-before released performances from the Madison Square Garden MUSE benefit concerts, and full footage of the band’s entire setlist, will be released worldwide for the first time. Edited by Bruce’s longtime collaborator Thom Zimny from the original 16mm film alongside remixed audio from Bob Clearmountain, “The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts” represent the highest quality and best recorded Bruce performances from an explosive, ascendant and rarely-filmed era of the E Street Band. The film will be released in HD on physical formats November 19, including on two CD with DVD, two CD with Blu-Ray and two LP formats. It will be available globally in HD for digital download on November 16 and digital rental on November 23.

The Second Disc.

“The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts,” a Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band film featuring ten never-before released performances from the Madison Square Garden MUSE benefit concerts, and full footage of the band’s entire setlist, will be released worldwide for the first time. Edited by Bruce’s longtime collaborator Thom Zimny from the original 16mm film alongside remixed audio from Bob Clearmountain, “The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts” represent the highest quality and best recorded Bruce performances from an explosive, ascendant and rarely-filmed era of the E Street Band. The film will be released in HD on physical formats November 19, including on two CD with DVD, two CD with Blu-Ray and two LP formats. It will be available globally in HD for digital download on November 16 and digital rental on November 23.

I'll be watching this develop closely (comments), as I really enjoyed "Western Stars" but I have a pretty good idea how this is gonna go sound wise; heavy use of center channel and mostly audience ambiance in the rears.
Pretty sure the show overall will be awesome however!

Wow. I have/had the Japanese LaserDisc and ripped that to my PC, but the audio and video of this was not that great. It would be sweet to get it on a fresh transfer on bluray. There are some great tunes from those concerts

Ooops! This is just Bruce, not the entire package. Oh well. I guess my LD rip will have to do.

The Second Disc.

I’ve been waiting for EONS for the MOVIE version to be released but WOW this is SO MUCH MORE!! Springsteen at his finest!! The only other show he ever put on that was better is from Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco on Dec. 15, 1978, which still to this day is his FINEST moment as a performer!! Just wish the 1978 performance was filmed!! CAN HARDLY WAIT!!

I just digitized the reel of that I recorded when it was broadcast live!
Again BEST show he ever did....IMHO!!!
Bruce Springsteen - The Complete 1978 Radio Broadcasts Front.jpg

Bruce Springsteen - The Complete 1978 Radio Broadcasts Back.jpg

Wow. I have/had the Japanese LaserDisc and ripped that to my PC, but the audio and video of this was not that great. It would be sweet to get it on a fresh transfer on bluray. There are some great tunes from those concerts

Ooops! This is just Bruce, not the entire package. Oh well. I guess my LD rip will have to do.
Starts in aproximately 30 sec

Last edited:
Again BEST show he ever did....IMHO!!!

Damn. You do have some really cool stuff MM. I used to pick up a lot of stuff like that from vendors in Goldmine Magazine (don't know if they are still around). Somewhere along the line I stopped worrying about the fringe stuff because I barely had time to listen to the official releases. More power to you.

Damn. You do have some really cool stuff MM. I used to pick up a lot of stuff like that from vendors in Goldmine Magazine (don't know if they are still around). Somewhere along the line I stopped worrying about the fringe stuff because I barely had time to listen to the official releases. More power to you.
Its available from Amazon UK for $54.19 US including shipping.......Amazon.com want $99.99

Its available from Amazon UK for $54.19 US including shipping.......Amazon.com want $99.99
Very tempting but I know in the long run it will only be listened to a couple of times and my main reason for wanting it is just to have it. Really tempting.... I will mull it over for a few days.

The HD audio for the Springsteen shows was released for both shows back in 2018. It looks like they've pulled those from their site (live.springsteen.net). They sound nice. I wasn't going to get this, just because all I would be getting would be the film (I have the audio), which I might not watch again. BUT, if Bob did the mix and they gave him some control...

Back