Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a screenshot -> Spatial Audio -> down to POP menu; then click on "See All"
I also noticed that Bruno Mars in there :unsure:

View attachment 71759
View attachment 71761

Thanks. What you've confirmed for me is a variation on a theme others have sounded: the Apple Music UI isn't consistent across devices. I use the service on Windows 10 and on my ATV4K only--no phones, no tablets--and I cannot get a screen that displays what you show in your screenshot. I can get "Now in Spatial Audio," which gives me albums in roughly reverse chronological order by add date. And I can go to "Browse by Category" > "Spatial Audio," but that only gives me one horizontal scrollbar of selected singles in Spatial Audio. But no screen devoted to "Spatial Audio" albums, let alone one divided into subcategories with "See All" options. Sheesh.

Thanks. What you've confirmed for me is a variation on a theme others have sounded: the Apple Music UI isn't consistent across devices. I use the service on Windows 10 and on my ATV4K only--no phones, no tablets--and I cannot get a screen that displays what you show in your screenshot. I can get "Now in Spatial Audio," which gives me albums in roughly reverse chronological order by add date. And I can go to "Browse by Category" > "Spatial Audio," but that only gives me one horizontal scrollbar of selected singles in Spatial Audio. But no screen devoted to "Spatial Audio" albums, let alone one divided into subcategories with "See All" options. Sheesh.
Hey, I'm using Win. 10 also in Google Chrome browser, here's how I got to it, try this:
*and I save the link to my Bookmarks Bar for future access.

First use the search on the left with "Spatial Audio"

- then hit that link that says Apple Music Spatial Audio at the top left when you get the search results; and that's when I get that screen I'm referring to.

ASA.jpg

Hey, I'm using Win. 10 also in Google Chrome browser, here's how I got to it, try this:
*and I save the link to my Bookmarks Bar for future access.

First use the search on the left with "Spatial Audio"

- then hit that link that says Apple Music Spatial Audio at the top left when you get the search results; and that's when I get that screen I'm referring to.

View attachment 71765

Hey, that's bril! Thanks, Pup. (Maybe if I'd read your earlier tutorial carefully I would have seen that Search-on-"Spatial Audio" trick. I guess I thought I already knew it all...)

Hey, that's bril! Thanks, Pup. (Maybe if I'd read your earlier tutorial carefully I would have seen that Search-on-"Spatial Audio" trick. I guess I thought I already knew it all...)
Believe me, I'm a total rookie at this Atmos stuff, just trying to figure it all out 'cause I'd rather be lazy than have to be smart!

Anyway, just made me think maybe Apple hates Windows (Microsoft) so much, perhaps the guys here that have Mac computers can see if a title is actually in Atmos once you open the main page or not? Like this Hammy shot in Windows 10 there's nothing says -hey look here- I'm in Freakin' Atmos!
Or, maybe it's because the software/web page knows I'm on a system at the moment that can't play Atmos, so it doesn't show up? 🤷‍♂️

hammy my shot.jpg

Seriously, that Spatial Audio "home page" is a game changer.

https://music.apple.com/us/curator/apple-music-spatial-audio/1564180390
But for the love of god: why can you not easily navigate to that page right from the Apple Music welcome screen? It should be prominently displayed. It's ridiculous that you can only take advantage of that brilliant resource if you know enough to plug in the right search terms and select the right result to get you into the secret-handshake club of curated Spatial Audio content.

As for Beyonce: still can't figure out what's going on there! (If you follow the link to iTunes, by the way, the album shows up there as an "Apple Digital Master," not Dolby Audio.)

Last edited:
Seriously, that Spatial Audio "home page" is a game changer.

https://music.apple.com/us/curator/apple-music-spatial-audio/1564180390
But for the love of god: why can you not easily navigate to that page right from the Apple Music welcome screen? It should be prominently displayed. It's ridiculous that you can only take advantage of that brilliant resource if you know enough to plug in the right search terms and select the right result to get you into the secret-handshake club of curated Spatial Audio content.

As for Beyonce: still can't figure out what's going on there!

What is going on is that the "curator" either made a mistake or jumped the gun.

But when I just went to play it, it doesn’t indicate Atmos or Spatial Audio. Just Lossless. But the whole album (except 3 bonus tracks) is Atmos.

weirdly, i now have 2 versions of Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me" in my Apple Music Library, both in Atmos, both feel like the same mix and mastering.. i haven't done any proper comparisons, despite some minor differences in a few tracks' running times they sound similar.. one's the Deluxe Version with no label information and the most recent one i added tonight is on the Blue Note label, hmm.. 🤔

7D00CE21-FDAE-47F2-81C9-EF5EABD4F801.jpeg

latest addition to Apple Music, in Atmos;

1DE9DB8B-A493-4797-9AD9-CC0083F916EC.jpeg

97415C28-2CF4-487B-96FA-A1F0DE513810.jpeg

Deluxe Version, in Atmos, previously added to my Apple Music Library;

F7A85B93-8A81-41C1-B8D9-24D43DC78A1B.jpeg

1111C2CF-12BB-48C2-AFDA-A9045AD5D7FE.jpeg

Believe me, I'm a total rookie at this Atmos stuff, just trying to figure it all out 'cause I'd rather be lazy than have to be smart!

Anyway, just made me think maybe Apple hates Windows (Microsoft) so much, perhaps the guys here that have Mac computers can see if a title is actually in Atmos once you open the main page or not? Like this Hammy shot in Windows 10 there's nothing says -hey look here- I'm in Freakin' Atmos!
Or, maybe it's because the software/web page knows I'm on a system at the moment that can't play Atmos, so it doesn't show up? 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 71766
Was just about to post this! Sounds pretty freaking cool. Listening to another new release..
1632520083385.png

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]
I don't think that is a thing anymore. Apple and Microsoft are is such different worlds these days.

I've been an Apple fan boy for years. Although, except for buying an M1 mini for multichannel rips, all my equipment is old by Apple standards. So I may not be the BIG fan boy. I have no animosity towards Microsoft these days. I use Windows all day fo work and grumble about it, but their software for the most part work really well these days.

Apple's the Goliath now. Not that that is a good thing.

I don't think that is a thing anymore. Apple and Microsoft are is such different worlds these days.

I've been an Apple fan boy for years. Although, except for buying an M1 mini for multichannel rips, all my equipment is old by Apple standards. So I may not be the BIG fan boy. I have no animosity towards Microsoft these days. I use Windows all day fo work and grumble about it, but their software for the most part work really well these days.

[/QUOTE]
OK, but the main thing is, when you're on the Apple Music Atmos titles do they show up as Atmos anywhere on your Mac/Apple computers?

OK, but the main thing is, when you're on the Apple Music Atmos titles do they show up as Atmos anywhere on your Mac/Apple computers?
[/QUOTE]
When I look for Spatial Audio on Apple Music on the M1, since it's useless on my AppleTV HD, I have to scroll past 15 other things Apple is promoting.

What is the confusion? The Deluxe Version has a couple of bonus tracks (you'll notice the bonus tracks are not in Atmos) and videos. Very common for there to be standard and deluxe editions of albums both in Apple Music.

weirdly, i now have 2 versions of Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me" in my Apple Music Library, both in Atmos, both feel like the same mix and mastering.. i haven't done any proper comparisons, despite some minor differences in a few tracks' running times they sound similar.. one's the Deluxe Version with no label information and the most recent one i added tonight is on the Blue Note label, hmm.. 🤔

View attachment 71776

latest addition to Apple Music, in Atmos;

View attachment 71777

View attachment 71778

Deluxe Version, in Atmos, previously added to my Apple Music Library;

View attachment 71779

View attachment 71781

Adam, thank you for just using your ears, that's the proper way.

What is the confusion? The Deluxe Version has a couple of bonus tracks (you'll notice the bonus tracks are not in Atmos) and videos. Very common for there to be standard and deluxe editions of albums both in Apple Music.

its the first time i've encountered two distinct versions of the same complete album with both versions in Atmos on Apple Music. so far its just been one version of an album that is in Atmos.

having the Deluxe Version in Atmos feels unnecessary if the other more recent barebones release is also in Atmos.

Back