The Pineapple Thief - Nothing But The Truth (Dolby Atmos/5.1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humm, Wonder why Spotify and Apple are offering Pre-Save's along with the standard listen?
Screenshot at 2021-08-13 15-06-53.png

The Moose is loose!
Speaking of the Moose. I got this email today from them...

Thanks again for your order!
We just wanted to let you know that the release of:

The Pineapple Thief/Nothing But The Truth

Has been delayed until Oct 22, 2021. It was previously scheduled for Oct 15, 2021. We’re very sorry about this!

Sad to say it but cancelling by blu-ray order. Apple Music Dolby Atmos will be fine for me.
That is a real shame. I was fortunate to be involved in the testing of the Blu-ray.
I know I'm biased but you will regret not having the physical release.
To my ears, it's up there with the very best that The Pineapple Thief have released.
The music, surround mix and editing of this 'Live Show', is truly, wonderful.

That is a real shame. I was fortunate to be involved in the testing of the Blu-ray.
I know I'm biased but you will regret not having the physical release.
To my ears, it's up there with the very best that The Pineapple Thief have released.
The music, surround mix and editing of this 'Live Show', is truly, wonderful.
Not to mention the quality difference. And what if one wants to cancel Apple someday, etc..

Not to mention the quality difference. And what if one wants to cancel Apple someday, etc..

Quality difference is understood and barely perceivable to my aging ears. Live releases aren't really a very high priority for me so if I get to listen to it but some day down the road can't that isn't a huge deal for me. I can't say I'd be making the same decision on a new studio release but I haven't really confronted that yet. I suspect it would depend on how much I like the music/artist and will surely test my completist nature for many artists.

Yep, spot on there Mike.

Although I joked about cutting down my purchases of physical discs, because of Apple's Dolby streaming, it ain't ever going to happen!!
Period... :LB

Don't want to derail this too much more but I bought the All Things Must Pass anniversary box around the time Apple Music started Dolby Atmos, and I realized I never even played or bothered to rip the physical disks (in fact the CD's are lower quality than the hi-res streams on that release).

Anyway enough on that for this thread.

I'm very much looking forward to Nothing but the Truth and will be enjoying the Atmos mix on Apple Music now that that option is available to me.

WOW, the Moose has a really good price but the best they can do is "TRY" to get it?? (See green text under Buy New Box) Maybe the wording is typical for their pre-orders? IDK, it's been a while since I've ordered from them...

1629764427139.png

WOW, the Moose has a really good price but the best they can do is "TRY" to get it?? (See green text under Buy New Box) Maybe the wording is typical for their pre-orders? IDK, it's been a while since I've ordered from them...

View attachment 70447
I ordered from them a few weeks ago, for that price. Today, they say it's delayed till 10/22. I say, order it.

Reactions: PK
I can't say I'd be making the same decision on a new studio release but I haven't really confronted that yet. I suspect it would depend on how much I like the music/artist and will surely test my completist nature for many artists.
That's how I would judge purchases by. For artists - titles that I love and listen to often, I'm going to buy the discs. From what I've been reading the Atmos titles seem to come and go on the streamers. I wouldn't want the Pink Floyd - Animals Atmos release to get pulled by Waters due to one of his moods one day. :)

Back