Apple Spatial Audio Dolby Atmos, engineer needed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquadad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Hello, I'm asking for a friend if anyone here has, or knows anyone who has, experience upmixing an album into Dolby Atmos? I see where a few of you are using Penteo 16 Pro which looks like it would be capable but I don't know enough about it to know if it is even feasible. The specifics that she forwarded to me from CD Baby are here: CD Baby
She has already had the album completed and released in stereo for awhile and now she is looking to get it submitted into the new format. Thanks in advance for any and all referrals and/or recommendations.

Hello, I'm asking for a friend if anyone here has, or knows anyone who has, experience upmixing an album into Dolby Atmos? I see where a few of you are using Penteo 16 Pro which looks like it would be capable but I don't know enough about it to know if it is even feasible. The specifics that she forwarded to me from CD Baby are here: CD Baby
She has already had the album completed and released in stereo for awhile and now she is looking to get it submitted into the new format. Thanks in advance for any and all referrals and/or recommendations.
It seems as if you can submit 5.1 mixes through CD Baby to Apple now! Sure it's not Atmos, but it's a start. I wouldn't recommend upmixing, if you have to original multitracks, do a proper remaster (whether it be 5.1 or Atmos) as upmixing is not to a point yet where we can produce results similar to a true remaster. I think you would find more people willing to do a proper mix than an upmix.

This seminar tomorrow might help? (Register here.)

1632847876017.png

As others have hinted, the correct approach is to have someone take the original multitracks and create an Atmos mix, not to have a plug-in spread some frequencies around the room. (If bands are just going to be uploading algorithmic upmixes as "Atmos," I am going to be severely disappointed.)

My studio is now configured for true 7.1.4 Atmos mixing and I am looking for material to build an Atmos portfolio. PM me.

Back