Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know where I can buy this at a reasonable price? Seems to be out of print (both the box and the standalone blu-ray) and way overpriced everywhere I looked. Thanks.
You just missed my post:
Just wanted to confirm I received my shipment from Walmart. As-described, brand new, sealed box set, presumably from the re-press. Even came packaged in cardboard sealed with "Sony DADC" tape! Grab 'em while you can, U.S. folks!

I grabbed a copy from Amazon Canada for $109. Looks cheaper from Amazon US, but by the time you add shipping and import fee then convert to CDN dollars it’s within 6 bucks.
Quite a bit higher than I’d like but figure this might be my last chance.

I grabbed a copy from Amazon Canada for $109. Looks cheaper from Amazon US, but by the time you add shipping and import fee then convert to CDN dollars it’s within 6 bucks.
Quite a bit higher than I’d like but figure this might be my last chance.
For some dumb reason, I saw this post last night...and I felt it necessary to buy a copy. I guess I bought the last copy at that price. So, I got it for $76 shipped. I see now, it's in stock for $150. lmfao

Good news, my recently ordered copy from Amazon arrived today ($73).
It has a sticker on the back saying 'Made in Czech Republic'.
Czech Republic?? I didn't know they had manufacturing facilities there. Is this common?
Any one else's made there??

IMG_20210928_212433671.jpg

Last edited:
Good news, my recently ordered copy from Amazon arrived today ($73).
It has a sticker on the back saying 'Made in Czech Republic'.
Czech Republic?? I didn't know they had manufacturing facilities there. Is this common?
Any one else's made there??

View attachment 71975
Mine had that sticker, too. Fair amount of disc manufacturing happens in Central/Eastern Europe.

I'm hoping this is correct, but sometimes when something is too good to be true....you know how that goes.

With all the great reviews for this box set, I really wanted to have it. But it's really pricey! Of all places I found this sale, it's Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/154910786
$92 plus tax. Free shipping. We'll see if it's the real deal. I ordered it today. :)

Mine arrived yesterday. It's the real deal. 6 disc 30th anniversary super deluxe edition. Sealed. With the "Made in Czech Republic" sticker on back people have been talking about on other SFTBC threads here. So happy about this find, so thank you for posting about it gvl_guy!

So, do I still need to keep searching for the standalone blu-ray version, or is this DVD-A going to be exactly the same? Polling all you superstar audiophiles out there on this forum who know what they are talking about way more than me! 😁

Just wanted to confirm I received my shipment from Walmart. As-described, brand new, sealed box set, presumably from the re-press. Even came packaged in cardboard sealed with "Sony DADC" tape! Grab 'em while you can, U.S. folks!
Just got mine from Walmart yesterday. On sale for $88.62 and arrived sealed and in perfect condition. So stoked.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tears-fo...e-Big-Chair-Deluxe-Edition-4CD-2DVD/154910786
I wish some of the other bands/labels would take notice and re-press some of their hard-to-find multichannel editions. (I'm looking at you Jethro Tull, Tom Petty, Roxy Music and Blue Oyster Cult!)

Back