Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing what used copies of these sets are going for, they should just re-issue everything in BD+CD sets (or just a single BD- I'd think all the content could fit). The market of those chasing those high-priced used sets, plus those who want the sets but aren't willing to pay those inflated prices, plus all us double-dippers should be plenty, since they already have all the files and just need to re-format.

Think how cool it would be to have all the content of each set on 1 BD!

EDIT- maybe they're planning on this once the series is complete...

Looks like this is running ~$45.00 US - not bad for a 2dvd/4cd hard bound book set. It will be interesting to see if the price drops significantly at any of the usual sellers. I'm in of course despite having already purchased the collector's edition - I need it to match all the others on my shelf and this has always been one of my favorite JT titles. Apparently Mr. Wilson has not tweaked the surround mix in any way - I'd hoped he might have done so after all this time and additional experience just to sweeten the double dip - but the 2013 mix is excellent and you get some live material missing from the earlier release. I'd rather hear some Tull in Atmos anyway, but they'd need to change the format in order to do something like that (although dropping the dvd's and adding a single blu-ray would seem quite reasonable at this point). I'm hoping they consider that for the upcoming Broadsword And The Beast. This is a no-brainer for anyone who missed the earlier edition.
Do you have a link for the amazon listing?

I prefer these stay as DVD as Blurays seem to die a few years after you buy them. Even the Aqualung Bluray comes to mind.

Seeing what used copies of these sets are going for, they should just re-issue everything in BD+CD sets (or just a single BD- I'd think all the content could fit). The market of those chasing those high-priced used sets, plus those who want the sets but aren't willing to pay those inflated prices, plus all us double-dippers should be plenty, since they already have all the files and just need to re-format.

Think how cool it would be to have all the content of each set on 1 BD!

EDIT- maybe they're planning on this once the series is complete...

I wondered what the cost for the artist/label are issuing a blu ray as opposed to DTS DVD?

Blu Rays die? Aqualung was faulty to begin with, was it not?

I personally love Blu rays. I find them easy and reliable.
No it was not, at least not in the way Ranasakawa is speaking of. Many of the pressings suffered disk rot several years later. It was not evident when the disks were. Same with the Pink Floyd Immersion sets and a few others. I think it may have been limited to a certain pressing plant as most of the affected disks were pressed somewhere in Europe.

No it was not, at least not in the way Ranasakawa is speaking of. Many of the pressings suffered disk rot several years later. It was not evident when the disks were. Same with the Pink Floyd Immersion sets and a few others. I think it may have been limited to a certain pressing plant as most of the affected disks were pressed somewhere in Europe.
Wow I never knew that. Crazy.

Do you have a link for the amazon listing?

I prefer these stay as DVD as Blurays seem to die a few years after you buy them. Even the Aqualung Bluray comes to mind.
I haven't seen a link yet. Amazon US seems to post links to these deluxe editions later than most, and the price typically doesn't drop until very close to the release date.

As to blu-rays, personally I haven't experienced disc rot for movies or music and I buy quite a few. Thankfully all my old DVD-Audio discs still play, and hell, I even have a few HD DVD's (Eagles Farewell I Tour, Nine Inch Nails Beside You In Time, etc.) that still look and sound pretty spiffy spinning in a very old Toshiba player. No, all things considered, I think physical disc media holds up pretty well.

The Burning Shed listing seems to imply a new—or at least updated—set of Steven Wilson remixes for the 50th Benefit, as the earlier 2013 mixes are specified separately. 🤔
This is what I noticed as well while posting link earlier but got busy….can anyone confirm that this is a new 5.1 mix done this year or last and if the video concert is actually also in 5.1…Thanks in advance for your cooperation in advance😊👍❤️

This is what I noticed as well while posting link earlier but got busy….can anyone confirm that this is a new 5.1 mix done this year or last and if the video concert is actually also in 5.1…Thanks in advance for your cooperation in advance😊👍

The Burning Shed listing seems to imply a new—or at least updated—set of Steven Wilson remixes for the 50th Benefit, as the earlier 2013 mixes are specified separately. 🤔

If the track listing is correct, I think it says that the 5.1 mix in this new release is the same as in the 2013 release. The new 2020 5.1 mixes are for the live video. So, same studio recordings as 2013, new 2020 stereo and 5.1 mixes for the live video.

Back