Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they would retain the original covers on some of these reissues. Roger Dean redid the lettering on the vinyl release of Uriah Heep's Demons and Wizards, which, I feel, detracted from one of my favorite album covers.

I disagree, if a new mix is created, it is effectively a new album and deserves to have the artwork freshened up too... yet, I do admit I have a preference for the original artwork, and even have found the same to be true for some of the original mixes over the new ones!

How many times has this been remastered/remixed?ULTIMATE SOUND (upgrade)
1632265360958.jpeg

Yeah the MOTB HD transfer of the original cassette is the one. Unless you are really interested in studying different generation loss artifacts (as some people apparently are). Perhaps the quad Best of N America 1977 Tour is worthy of a listen or two though. :D

This is from the "Animals" section of the Pink Floyd exhibit in Los Angeles, below a picture of the "Animals" remix cover:
Animals Release Date June 2022.jpg

If they are now shooting for a June 2022 release, that means that the first Floyd release of 2022 might be "PULSE" on Blu-Ray & DVD (as @rontoon and others have already surmised.) If that happens, that should definitively wrap up the Later Years releases, once and for all!

(BTW that picture came from the Neptune Pink Floyd forum)

:)

This is from the "Animals" section of the Pink Floyd exhibit in Los Angeles, below a picture of the "Animals" remix cover:
View attachment 72043

If they are now shooting for a June 2022 release, that means that the first Floyd release of 2022 might be "PULSE" on Blu-Ray & DVD (as @rontoon and others have already surmised.) If that happens, that should definitively wrap up the Later Years releases, once and for all!

Keeping hopes up & fingers crossed, but I’ll believe it when I see it

View attachment 72043

2022?!
I swear if Animals is getting delayed this much, The Wall will release in the next century!

I vote this thread be closed until January 1st 2022 because IT'S SO DAMN FRUSTRATING WAITING FOR THIS MFing DISC TO COME OUT!!!!!!! and we'd all be better off if we stopped thinking about it for a while.:rolleyes:
No problem with this thread. Patience is my middle name! :cool:

Back