First all-analog #quadraphonic direct-to-disc recording cut at Bernie Grundman Mastering: Alex Lilly's Fissures ( in space )

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamranv

QQ Supporter
#Today the long over-due release of Alex Lilly’s Fissures ( in space ), the first-ever all-analog #quadraphonic direct-to-disc recording cut at Bernie Grundman Mastering Studios & produced by me. Available as QS encoded Vinyl+Digital+Dolby #atmos #dolbyatmos.
bgm_alex-lilly_dg_18.jpeg

📷
Mr. Bonzai

#Today the long over-due release of Alex Lilly’s Fissures ( in space ), the first-ever all-analog #quadraphonic direct-to-disc recording cut at Bernie Grundman Mastering Studios & produced by me. Available as QS encoded Vinyl+Digital+Dolby #atmos #dolbyatmos.
View attachment 71909
📷
Mr. Bonzai

I tried to order the LP but the only payment method is Shop Pay or Google Pay, neither of which I use. I don't want to sign up for a new payment method with all the attendant personal info when I will probably use it for just this purpose.

Any way to use good 'ol PayPal? Maybe I overlooked that option...
Thanks for any info.

I tried to order the LP but the only payment method is Shop Pay or Google Pay, neither of which I use. I don't want to sign up for a new payment method with all the attendant personal info when I will probably use it for just this purpose.

Any way to use good 'ol PayPal? Maybe I overlooked that option...
Thanks for any info.
I believe once you put it in your basket with info IINM, it gives you the option of regular credit cards; but I much prefer PayPal also.

At least for me, I sure wish online retailers (music related here) would recognize that folks might rather have that extra layer of security which I believe PayPal gives you. Even if it means charging more to the buyer to pass on the cost. I'm sure the seller gets charged an extra PayPal fee; or maybe some kind of restrictions are preventing smaller sellers from utilizing PayPal.

Online security is paramount in this day and age!

The (QS encoded) LP arrived today (45RPM).

I'm making myself a copy w/DVD recorder (stereo DD), I'm not any good at critiquing music so I'll just say that I'll try DPL, DynaQuad and stereo headphone listening and I may edit this post with new info about the surround effect. :)

Kirk Bayne
I got my copy yesterday, and listened to it through the SM. I believe it was encoded with the Involve encoder, so it's QS and DPL2 compatible. The Surround effect is quite good. Alex has an interesting style; kinda pop, kinda jazzy.

I got my copy yesterday, and listened to it through the SM. I believe it was encoded with the Involve encoder, so it's QS and DPL2 compatible. The Surround effect is quite good. Alex has an interesting style; kinda pop, kinda jazzy.

As far as I can tell, it was not encoded using the Involve Smart Encode. Certainly if it was we would be hearing about it from Chucky. And if you prowl around the Kamranv/cykik websites you'll see they are specifically promoting their QUARK DAW plug in to do Regular Matrix encoding. No shout outs to QS or Involve:

https://www.cykik.com/quad/7lff5zz0ke34srtebo1ithnoymtu3y
Edit: I see in the 1st post the audio is said to be QS encoded. Nothing about Involve. Perhaps @kamranv could clarify?

Last edited:
AFAIK, the album used the all software (all digital) QS encoder (IIRC, Involve Audio helped to develop it).

It doesn't have the option to dynamically alter the encoding equations like the actual hardware Involve QS encoder does.

Kirk Bayne

As far as I can tell, it was not encoded using the Involve Smart Encode. Certainly if it was we would be hearing about it from Chucky. And if you prowl around the Kamranv/cykik websites you'll see they are specifically promoting their QUARK DAW plug in to do Regular Matrix encoding. No shout outs to QS or Involve:

Edit: I see in the 1st post the audio is said to be QS encoded. Nothing about Involve. Perhaps @kamranv could clarify?
I'm actually thrilled all these are being made!

SW -check out the big red button below; would love to know more also...

QUAD.jpg

Yep, more info please!

Here's another link for QUARK I just realized was included in his OP.

https://quark.cykik.com/

Back