What's your latest earworm???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Future Pilot - Brian Auger & Julie Tippetts (Driscoll)
from their '78 Encore album. As Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger & the Trinity, they charted many times in the late '60's UK. They also appeared on the Monkees' 33 1/2 Revolutions per Monkee. Encore was their reunion after 9 years apart. Besides a couple originals, there are superb covers of Al Jarreau's Spirit, Animals' Don't Let Me be Misunderstood and Jack Bruce's Rope Ladders to the Moon. Highly recommended. also recommended, their '69 album Streetnoise.

A new one from Elton John & Stevie Wonder. In their 70's and still churning out great stuff. This one is just beautiful.

(Curious to know what @fredblue thinks! :unsure: :) )

i only heard it once and just on the phone speaker unfortunately but i liked it! i also liked the one he did with that wee cutey pie Charlie Puth! 😋 its shaping up to be a really cool album 😍

This one has buried itself deep for some reason 😟

No need to be worried. There are MANY reasons for that to be an earworm and I'm not just saying that because I have lately been comparing my original mono, original stereo, and later orange label versions, yet again.

The impact of Sgt. Pepper's will never end.

Doug

No need to be worried. There are MANY reasons for that to be an earworm and I'm not just saying that because I have lately been comparing my original mono, original stereo, and later orange label versions, yet again.

The impact of Sgt. Pepper's will never end.

Doug
funnily enough, the one that has been sticking to my brain in the last few years' is George's sole masterpiece contribution...it REALLY rounds out the album...kinda like the Indian Orchestra part of the "Concert for George", if you don't like it ot "get it" you are missing the core of George's overall musical contribution...

funnily enough, the one that has been sticking to my brain in the last few years' is George's sole masterpiece contribution...it REALLY rounds out the album...kinda like the Indian Orchestra part of the "Concert for George", if you don't like it ot "get it" you are missing the core of George's overall musical contribution...

Good reminder, still need to pick up the BD of "Concert for George"

Good reminder, still need to pick up the BD of "Concert for George"
well, that makes two of us.. I have TWO copies on DVD and I was mentioning it to my therapist because it's the most heartfelt concert I have ever seen and it was magically captured for posterity...

And, oddly enough, back when I first got the album (I was 14), even though I played WYWY as a matter of completeness, it was always the track I halfway felt like skipping. Now, it is wonderful to me and the Indian Orchestra portion of the Concert For George is incredible!

Also, listening to him working out WYWY on the Sgt. Pepper's Super Deluxe CD is absolutely fascinating.

Doug

Beast - Floating (Down By The River)

Not to be confused with other "Down By The Rivers".

Back