The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a short work day, had several cars in the queue for delivery and a few other odds to deal with. Got home and Mrs D needed to get out for a bit so we decided to get our grocery shopping done, and I wanted to grab a canned NEIPA at Ex Novo so off we went.

Ex Novo also had this "Esse Locum" tequila barrel-aged watermelon gose...wanted a growler but such a small batch that it's on tap only....so we each got a 12oz glass and I'm glad we did....delicious!
[IMG]

After the grocery store it's home and a few minutes to relax before I start getting dinner stuff going....La Cumbre "Obscura" wet-hop hazy IPA...my last can though I'm trying a few places to see if anymore can be had.
[IMG]

I left home at 5am, arrived to my soybean plot in central Ohio 5 hours later. 10 hours of driving, 1 hour for work. Ugh......Home now. Enjoying a mango IPA. :)

Did a short work day, had several cars in the queue for delivery and a few other odds to deal with. Got home and Mrs D needed to get out for a bit so we decided to get our grocery shopping done, and I wanted to grab a canned NEIPA at Ex Novo so off we went.

Ex Novo also had this "Esse Locum" tequila barrel-aged watermelon gose...wanted a growler but such a small batch that it's on tap only....so we each got a 12oz glass and I'm glad we did....delicious!
[IMG]

After the grocery store it's home and a few minutes to relax before I start getting dinner stuff going....La Cumbre "Obscura" wet-hop hazy IPA...my last can though I'm trying a few places to see if anymore can be had.
[IMG]
I love the glass, and I Love how the beer looks. Where do you find a glass like that????

I left home at 5am, arrived to my soybean plot in central Ohio 5 hours later. 10 hours of driving, 1 hour for work. Ugh......Home now. Enjoying a mango IPA. :)
Hey Gene, years back a girlfriend from Iowa said there's no money in soybeans when I suggested it. Have things changed? Enjoy that brew bro.

Reactions: GOS
Zeeland Farm Services is going quite well with beans.....................lets talk corn. Stine seeds seem to be the winner this year in my area. Gene ? True ?

Hey Gene, years back a girlfriend from Iowa said there's no money in soybeans when I suggested it. Have things changed? Enjoy that brew bro.
Well, corn rules. But, soybeans make a LOT of money in the industry. Rotation. Corn year 1, soybeans year 2. It's a given in the midwest.

Zeeland Farm Services is going quite well with beans.....................lets talk corn. Stine seeds seem to be the winner this year in my area. Gene ? True ?
Stine is our major competitor. Ugh........they have a LOT of money. My company is growing. They are the number 1 brand in all of South America. They own 59% of the soybean market That's big.

hahaha. Yep. My 30 year career was as a soybean breeder. Such a fun career. Most of my career was with Dairyland Seed, Co out of West Bend, Wisconsin. They the last 9 years was with Dow AgroSciences.
Man I stumbled in to that, respect.

Damn GOS, depending on where in Central OH I may be able to suggest a good bar or package store near where you are working. IM me sometime if that is something you are interested in.

Damn GOS, depending on where in Central OH I may be able to suggest a good bar or package store near where you are working. IM me sometime if that is something you are interested in.
Hell yes! So, my travels in Ohio take me to:

Pettisville
Delphos
Troy
Pemberton
Dayton
Columbus

Those are the towns I stay at in hotels frequently.

I love the glass, and I Love how the beer looks. Where do you find a glass like that????

Here you go buddy...not cheap, but handmade/blown...I've bought a couple from him and they are wonderful...yes, I've spent over $100 on two beer glasses. I love them but get super paranoid when washing them, or when a cat is nearby...always grabbing hold lest anything bad happen!
Formal Ware for Craft Beer Wine Whiskey by PretentiousBeerGlass

what a nice sipper I have here ! Great way to start a Saturday evening. Founders Brewery Bottleshop Series. Highball Drifter. This beer presents a bourbonish caramel and vanilla, dried fruit and spice with hints of cherry and bitter orange peel. Almost an old-fashioned. 11% ABV. This is a tasty fun one !!

View attachment 72404
The way you describe it sounds delicous. I've never noticed it in the KC area but now I will look for it.

Here you go buddy...not cheap, but handmade/blown...I've bought a couple from him and they are wonderful...yes, I've spent over $100 on two beer glasses. I love them but get super paranoid when washing them, or when a cat is nearby...always grabbing hold lest anything bad happen!
Formal Ware for Craft Beer Wine Whiskey by PretentiousBeerGlass
Awesome! I purchased the HAZY IPA glass. Love, love, LOVE it! Can't wait to get it. Sure, expensive, but look like quality. Mine will last forever as we take great care of our glasses.

Awesome! I purchased the HAZY IPA glass. Love, love, LOVE it! Can't wait to get it. Sure, expensive, but look like quality. Mine will last forever as we take great care of our glasses.

That was my first purchase from him....great glass and yeah, super well made. Very solid.

@GOS The information will come in batches.
Columbus
Beer Stores
Perfect Pour 2827 Festival Ln, Dublin, OH 43017 (614) 553-7666
Kenny Road Market 4658 Kenny Rd A, Columbus, OH 43220 (614) 538-1100
Weilands 3600 Indianola Ave, Columbus, OH 43214 (614) 267-9878

Breweries
Zaftig 7020 Huntley Rd A, Columbus, OH 43229 (614) 636-2537
Columbus Brewing Company 2555 Harrison Rd, Columbus, OH 43204 (614) 224-3626
Seventh Son 1101 N 4th St, Columbus, OH 43201 (614) 421-2337
Hoof Hearted 850 N 4th St, Columbus, OH 43215 (614) 522-1655
Pretentious Barrel House 745 Taylor Ave, Columbus, OH 43219 (614) 887-7687
Brewdog 463 W Town St, Columbus, OH 43215 (614) 908-3077

Dayton will come later, but this place is so cool it gets its own mention.
Carillon Brewing Company
1000 Carillon Blvd.
Dayton, Ohio 45409
(937) 910-0722
https://www.daytonhistory.org/visit/shop-dine/carillon-brewing-co/
Carillon Brewing Co. offers visitors a glimpse into 1850s-era Dayton through the authentically prepared food and drink of the times.
It is the nation’s only production brewery in a museum, and the only U.S. brewery replicating the historic brewing process.
Gas copper lamps light the walkway outside Carillon Brewing Co., and beyond the large white oak corridor doors—sash-sawn in period fashion with hand-forged hinges and handles—the smell of charcoal and wood fire fills the air. On a brick furnace 14 feet above a bustling crowd, costumed interpreters draw water from a handmade copper kettle before beginning the process of mashing and lautering.

Nearby, malt is milled by hand; oven-fresh spent grain bread is baked; a volunteer mends his trousers with thread and needle; a growler of ale is filled; and a costumed wait-staff presents German, Irish, and English offerings that pay homage to Dayton’s early settlers.

American Oak barrels line the lower floor of Carillon Brewing Co., each one capped by an artful and educational panel detailing the history and science of brewing. In sourcing city directories, canal records, farmers’ reports, and the like, Carillon Historical Park carefully analyzed the influences of breweries on the city’s evolution during the latter half of the 1800s.

Back