Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceremony by PHANTOGRAM
APPLE TV 4k
-lots of surround action on this one!

Phantogram ceremony.jpg

Huh. Both tracks playing in Atmos for me...

I had to remove the album from my library and add it again, and they switched to Atmos. Probably would have happened on its own over night or something, they probably just switched to Atmos recently. The way Apple is doing this is so stupid. Tracks changing which mix you get after the fact, but whatever.

I had to remove the album from my library and add it again, and they switched to Atmos. Probably would have happened on its own over night or something, they probably just switched to Atmos recently. The way Apple is doing this is so stupid. Tracks changing which mix you get after the fact, but whatever.

For sure! but a good tip for us all here, in order to get some of these new Atmos tracks to show up - thanks @Cheezmo !

Apple wrote when they introduced Atmos that you have to delete and download an album again that was in your mediathek before.

Apple wrote when they introduced Atmos that you have to delete and download an album again that was in your mediathek before.

I had not downloaded it. I was streaming and just got the lossless (Get info on the track in my library just showed lossless). After deleting and reloading (again NOT downloading anything, Get info showed the track was in Dolby Atmos and it did play that way).

So what you say is true if you had previously downloaded a track, this was not the issue in my situation. I believe it is simply that my Music app hadn't "sync'ed up" with the latest change that had been made on the servers.

I had not downloaded it. I was streaming and just got the lossless (Get info on the track in my library just showed lossless). After deleting and reloading (again NOT downloading anything, Get info showed the track was in Dolby Atmos and it did play that way).

So what you say is true if you had previously downloaded a track, this was not the issue in my situation. I believe it is simply that my Music app hadn't "sync'ed up" with the latest change that had been made on the servers.
You‘re right, my mistake….I meant when you already added something to your library you have to delete it and load it again.

Bee Gees "Nights On Broadway"
(ATV; 5.1.2)

View attachment 71884

realised i hadn't properly listened to this track in Atmos until now.. i'm all up for revisionist remixes, if they improve on the original great, even if they're no better or worse i can still enjoy aspects of them mostly by virtue of being in Surround.. but gosh this is an absolutely terrible mix, i can't sugarcoat it! 😂

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/nights-on-broadway/1442433679?i=1442433683
The mix is certainly way different. Almost sounds like a different group of musicians. I enjoyed the new mix but no way it was a hit mixed this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back