Beatles "Let It Be" (5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos mixes out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A review--and excerpts of a 2012 interview with George (not Giles) Martin--from jazz blogger and Wall Street Journal writer Marc Myers:
https://www.jazzwax.com/2021/10/the-beatles-let-it-be.html

One certainly feels for Sir George Martin who was treated in the utmost shoddily disrespectful way by Lennon but the irony of it all: It was Sir George's son, Giles who delivered a state of the art Let It Be remaster/remix/reissue to the 21st century with of course the assistance of Sam Okell. Just comeuppance has its rewards!

Wonderful article, humprof. Thanks for sharing!

I ordered the SDE of this release from Deep Discount and it’s scheduled to arrive next Wednesday, but I’m curious how the Atmos mix sounds when played through a standard-issue 5.1 audio system? I recall a lot of folks thought the Atmos mix of All Things Must Pass sounded better in 5.1 than the dedicated DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 mix.

There's some movement...it's now in Warrington ffs. At least the Hermes tracking number is being recognised now...it's been 'created'...brought into existence but that's all, nothing other than that. This is insane, apart from anything else how, in this era of climate emergency does it make sense to drive parcels all over the country and back again before delivering them.
Glad to see you received yours despite the person delivering being an idiot...hope it was in good nick.

Yay! It was delivered about an hour ago, came back up from Warrington overnight to a depot here. Quite why it left an Amazon depot not far from here and was sent to another Amazon depot 220 miles away in Merseyside before being sent back remains a mystery...must have been an error surely. Anyway, it's here and it's lovely...good surround mix too...have only played the DTS 5.1 so far, shall listen to the Atmos downmixed to 5.1 later (I don't have Atmos).

Yeah It was nice to have a first listen to Let It Be (in Atmos) whilst eating brekkie this morning! No need to wait for the Amazon delivery which always arrives late in the day, grrr.

I'll save my vote for another listen but overall it's alright, fairly decent and the sound is great. I wasn't expecting too much from the mix, but the Atmos does progress well towards the second half of the album. I really liked how 'Get Back' sounded. Next Friday I'm getting up even earlier for Tattoo You with a bacon sarnie (and HP sauce!) :D
Gotta hand it to Amazon. Inorder the box Thursday night about 8 PDT and I got it yesterday (Firday) at about 3pm and it's amazing though I'm not listening to Atmos-just 5.1.

Had a first listen to the 5.1 last night; thought it sounded darn good, need a few more listens at full bloomin' volume (sans Mrs. Pupster :).)

Just a couple first impressions:

The graphics had a neat way to choose Sound choices, but when the music plays I got tired of watching the film strips unfurl over and over again. if they ever do Magical Mystery Tour or other, maybe they could be a little more inventive and have custom graphics for each song. In this day and age, shouldn't be too tough (didn't XTC as the Dukes of Stratosphear - PSURROUNDABOUT RIDE do something like that :unsure:)

Overall sounded great to me; just such a joy to hear finally all cleaned up in surround, but then it all went by waaayyy too quickly (a sign that it was really good!)

There's one song (sorry forget which one) that it sounded like the center vocals were a little too pushed almost to distortion (is that in the original recording that way, maybe redlined it from the mics?)

The Long and Winding Road, a real tear jerker for me and now even more so. I'm always slightly amused by Paul's singing on that one; how when some of the half spoken words have a very British accent to them.

Will take a lead from @edisonbaggins' drug influenced Unboxing :p (hope the concert went well for ya) and be sure to read through the book on this, just fealin' it somehow!

I've managed to catch a bad cold, so no 🍻 down the pub tonight :(, so I thought I know I'll watch the Beatles Let It Be documentary on Disney+, to discover its not released until 25th November :( and the cold has affected the hearing in my right ear, so everything sounds muffled, so no point in listening to any surround either 🙁 So maybe its watch a load of the Mandalorian then 🙂

I've managed to catch a bad cold, so no 🍻 down the pub tonight :(, so I thought I know I'll watch the Beatles Let It Be documentary on Disney+, to discover its not released until 25th November :( and the cold has affected the hearing in my right ear, so everything sounds muffled, so no point in listening to any surround either 🙁 So maybe its watch a load of the Mandalorian then 🙂
Good choice on The Mandalorian; the sound's not any great shakes IMO, but a real fun show. Also been watching the Sci-FI stuff of See and Foundation (new shows every Friday nights) on Apple TV; but not sure if you get those. And hope you're caught up on Resident Alien.

Get well soon amigo!

Had a first listen to the 5.1 last night; thought it sounded darn good, need a few more listens at full bloomin' volume (sans Mrs. Pupster :).)

Just a couple first impressions:

The graphics had a neat way to choose Sound choices, but when the music plays I got tired of watching the film strips unfurl over and over again. if they ever do Magical Mystery Tour or other, maybe they could be a little more inventive and have custom graphics for each song. In this day and age, shouldn't be too tough (didn't XTC as the Dukes of Stratosphear - PSURROUNDABOUT RIDE do something like that :unsure:)

Overall sounded great to me; just such a joy to hear finally all cleaned up in surround, but then it all went by waaayyy too quickly (a sign that it was really good!)

There's one song (sorry forget which one) that it sounded like the center vocals were a little too pushed almost to distortion (is that in the original recording that way, maybe redlined it from the mics?)

The Long and Winding Road, a real tear jerker for me and now even more so. I'm always slightly amused by Paul's singing on that one; how when some of the half spoken words have a very British accent to them.

Will take a lead from @edisonbaggins' drug influenced Unboxing :p (hope the concert went well for ya) and be sure to read through the book on this, just fealin' it somehow!
My son came over today and we listened to the album, in Atmos. Just super really. We both were annoyed at the damn 35mm negatives back and forth. Geez......I wish you could choose your own "animation"

Impressed with the 5.1 mix on first listen. The rehearsals discs contain some great moments, but they're only 70 min long. I'm disappointed that there are no fast versions of Two of Us. Maybe Disney have first pick of all that material for the film.

Sonically as well? I’m interested in any compromises listening to the album in streamed Atmos vs physical disc Atmos. Thx
It’s not close. Just listened to the Blu Ray after listening to the Apple stream. The Blu Ray has so much more fidelity and top end finesse. I mean the Apple stream sounds good but the blu Ray takes it up another level.

So, I ripped an MKV file (so I can play Atmos on my system) just like I do with every other Atmos disc. This one skips badly, never happened before. I mean to say, the ripped MKV tracks skip. Not the physical disc.

Anyone have thoughts about how that oculd be?
Did you get this figured out? Sometimes it is just the CPU being overloaded from multiple applications running (like a A/V scan).

Scam a zon shipped mine today. Shipment worries me. I had ordered 3 new chains for my chainsaw from Bezos. Yup - they shipped the 2 orders together !!
Fingers crossed

GREETINGS FROM MICHIGAN:

R.292464097580ef2733ded98e6ea5cf59

Mine arrived yesterday about two hours after I got home from a hernia operation (all went well) so I finally got to hear the surround mix a few minutes ago. It is fantastic. I have always been kind of lukewarm to the "Let It Be" album when compared to the other later Beatles albums (from "Revolver" on) but this has definitely raised the stature of this album in my eyes.
Very good mix, very clear sound, excellent all around,,, a 10 without a doubt for me. Most stunning,,, "I, Me, Mine" a real audio assault for the ears. Only song I thought was a little underwhelming was "Across The Universe" which is one of my favorites, but it was still good just not as good as I thought it could be.
So glad I picked this up and now I am almost certain that I will be subscribing to Disney+ come November unless there is a firm physical release date for the documentary. I have a real problem, I am addicted and powerless when it comes to The Beatles.

Back