Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it real or is it Memorex?

oh-its-true-its-damn-true.jpg

Last Friday the new 4th album from "Halsey', 'If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power' (IICHLIWP) appeared under the Spatial Audio catergory, under Browse in Apple Music, on all my devices, Apple TV4K, Iphone, Ipad etc. So far it only shows up as Lossless, not as Dolby Atmos or Audio. There appears to be two versions, but they appear to be the same. The tracks play as 2.0 for me. There don't appear to be any extra tracks on the album. Does anyone see 'Dolby Atmos' or other multichannel format? Am I missing something or is there an error?

This album was released around 20th August and I was surprised that it did not appear in Atmos on release. 2020's excellent 'Manic' has been available in Atmos first on Tidal since last year and later on Apple Music. I listened to it first, after seeing the enthusiastic review at 'Life in Surround'. Its since become a firm favorite and one of those albums, while initially inaccessable (at least to me), grows with every listen until you find yourself humming it in the bath. My favorite lockdown release.

The earlier albums 'Badlands (2015)' and 'hopeless fountain kingdom (2017)' were released in Dolby Atmos in the fortnight before the new release. You would have expected the new album to appear in the same format. I've been hearing some of the new tracks in my dreams, so I am very keen to listen to the album in glorious Spatial Audio, as the label says. Any thoughts?

(Late note: I just noticed the other version is the non-explicit version with the exposed breast on the cover covered up. Nothing to do with Atmos.)

Last edited:
Back