Comments Inspired by Beatles - LET IT BE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since everyone dislikes the taxman...

I beg your pardon, but not everybody dislikes Taxman. quite the opposite. And every time that I encounter a track with the vocals to one side, or even better in the rears and to one side (Almost Lucy for example) it gives me double the listening pleasure.

I find lead vocal, bass, and drums centre or front centre the most boring mixes. They all sound the same.

Outside of the cyber world I have yet to meet anybody that has problems with Taxman.

I beg your pardon, but not everybody dislikes Taxman. quite the opposite. And every time that I encounter a track with the vocals to one side, or even better in the rears and to one side (Almost Lucy for example) it gives me double the listening pleasure.

I find lead vocal, bass, and drums centre or front centre the most boring mixes. They all sound the same.

Outside of the cyber world I have yet to meet anybody that has problems with Taxman.
I said everybody dislikes “the taxman.” You know, the person who takes money from our paychecks, not the song Taxman. It is one of my favorite cuts on the album. I just don’t like that particular mix. I do like the mixes on Please Please Me despite the complaints of all instruments in the left channel…It is most definitely not so, and the album sounds fantastic played through the Surround Master.

These are done because of the limitations of the stereo phonograph record and the average stereo system:

- Deep bass must be recorded laterally (the groove moves side-to-side). This is a sound panned to center front in stereo and in most matrix systems., Trying to record such a sound in any other panning position causes the groove to be too deep and too shallow for many pickup cartridges. This causes the stylus to leave the groove.

- Deep bass also reproduces best on most stereo systems when both speakers are working in concert to make a larger common sound source. The little speakers work together to make a bigger speaker. This requires the deep bass to be panned to center front. Any other panning causes the amount of bass to sharply diminish.

- Most people think a vocal soloist sounds weird coming from only one speaker.

I said everybody dislikes “the taxman.” You know, the person who takes money from our paychecks, not the song Taxman. It is one of my favorite cuts on the album. I just don’t like that particular mix. I do like the mixes on Please Please Me despite the complaints of all instruments in the left channel…It is most definitely not so, and the album sounds fantastic played through the Surround Master.

Sounds like "taxic waste".

They were very limited in what they could do on Revolver because they had only one 4-track recorder. This forced the following limitations if they recorded each part separately.:

- Only 4 panning positions total
- Two of those panning positions have only one part.
- A large number of parts must be in the same panning position.

I have a 4-track, so I know the limitations.

Totally agree ! while I was trawling the web yesterday I came across the Hey Jude Album upmixed to 5.1 by the The Quadumvirate from Reel to Reel . The frequency analysis on adobe shows HiRez (amazing for Reel to Reel). Its rather good !!;)
REMOVED by MODERATOR
Sorry to everyone for putting up the URL.
Apologies All :cry:

Last edited:
At the end of the song Get Back, I always thought Paul said, "Gunsmoke" just before Lennon goes into his line about passing the audition. Nothing like being mistaken for 50 years! I didn't realize he actually says, "Thanks Mo" until I saw the Get Back documentary...with the subtitles turned on. Listening to the song over and over, even in high resolution multichannel, I still hear, "Gunsmoke." :giggle:

Back