Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pineapple Thief - Nothing But The Truth Dolby Atmos True HD. A very clear, open and precise recording with vocals from the surrounds and often as if, disconcertingly, from inside my head.
truth.jpg

Not expecting any miracles, but how is this one? Will have to check it out later today.
First impression: bad. I was quickly sampling some tracks and I was only able to catch some low volume echo on the rears and occasionally some voices. But take this with a grain of salt, I need to dedicate some focused time and check properly

I tried this PF last night, but it wasn't Atmos (or surround) just stereo- what happened?

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/a-momentary-lapse-of-reason-2019-remix/1582614225?ls
a shit was most certainly given! the "no, no, no"'s pop up in the Rears of Rehab, just like i dreamt it! 👃🌨🤩🧚‍♀️
I respect your opinion tremendously as you well know Freddie :bowing:; guess we'll just have to compromise on this one.
As I survey all 4 corner channels (and center) I'll give it my "Blockhead Half-Assed Bobbler" award :p:QQlove!!!

a
1634924554166.gif

It looks like Apple is now (or maybe they always have been and I'm just now noticing) not calling everything Atmos, but stating if its 5.1 VS Atmos.

The Rolling Stones new one is showing neither however, on my MacBook or Apple TV.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.37.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.37.50 AM.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.38.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.38.45 AM.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 56
Listening to Back to Black now! It does sound much cleaner and less smashed here to me, and re-experiencing the album like this reminds me how much I like it; however...

"What Kind Of Fuckery is this!"
This could easily be a DPLII mix to me. Nothing is really focused except her vocals /drumming front and center. Some light backing vocals, strings, and maybe blended in horns/keyboards to the rears. Yo, aye yo I knew you was trouble, and hey stay away from my Stella ya'll!!!

View attachment 72812

Interesting choice on this one not use the center channel at all. It's completely silent.

It looks like Apple is now (or maybe they always have been and I'm just now noticing) not calling everything Atmos, but stating if its 5.1 VS Atmos.

The Rolling Stones new one is showing neither however, on my MacBook or Apple TV.
Correct, ever since Apple starting releasing 4.0/5.1 mixes for streaming (maybe a month ago), they have been using the label "Dolby Audio" as opposed to "Dolby Atmos".

Since you mentioned "footy", and this is off topic, but I am curious how our U.K. QQers feel about American football. There are a few games played in London every year and it seems there is a push to maybe have an NFL team based there, just wondering if anyone over there even likes our version of football, or what the reaction is in general?

Since you mentioned "footy", and this is off topic, but I am curious how our U.K. QQers feel about American football. There are a few games played in London every year and it seems there is a push to maybe have an NFL team based their, just wondering if anyone over there even likes our version of football, or what the reaction is in general?
I've bean a fan since 1984!!
When our TV channel 4 used to show the games.
And the team I have followed through thick and thin is...
The New England Patriots.
Struggling this season.

It is very popular here.

There may come a day when London has its own Franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back