Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you mentioned "footy", and this is off topic, but I am curious how our U.K. QQers feel about American football. There are a few games played in London every year and it seems there is a push to maybe have an NFL team based there, just wondering if anyone over there even likes our version of football, or what the reaction is in general?
And I watch it every Sunday evening....2 games

My son follows the Green Bay Packers

16349345382722263278294824384116.jpg

And the Arse are winning 3 1

Last edited:
Coldplay's new album Music for the Spheres sounds great in DD+/Atmos, such a huge difference in mastering vs. the heavily compressed stereo mix. Very immersive mix, lots of activity in the surround and height channels, great low end nice and deep without the absurd over-presence the pre-fixed Blu-ray of AHFOD had, just tasty overall. Probably their worst album but so far I like a good 5 tracks on it.
I just finished listening to this on Tidal and truly enjoyed it start to finish. I don't mind the poppy spaciness at all. Excellent Atmos mix!

First impression: bad. I was quickly sampling some tracks and I was only able to catch some low volume echo on the rears and occasionally some voices. But take this with a grain of salt, I need to dedicate some focused time and check properly
Yeah I agree - this Tattoo You Atmos mix sounds quite thin and not much in the rears at all. At least until the last couple of tracks. Although I’m not listening on my full dedicated Atmos system, just a temporary hodgepodge for the weekend. Will listen again properly but it’s not that encouraging…

I think this could be an example of where the Binaural mix (Spatial Audio over headphones - whatever you want to call it) can impact on the proper discrete mix? It’s quite a tricky thing to match up the two versions. Or maybe Mick was in the mixing room and they mistook his flamboyant dance moves as gesturing to turn down the mix?! 😂

At least it wasn’t in an expensive boxset. I need to listen more but not holding out. No use in crying I guess!

Last edited:
looks like my monster hunch about it being a Bob Clearmountain mix may have been right! ahh.. just call me Quaddy-modo! ding dong! as the late great Leslie Philips would've said!! 😅😂🛎🛎🛎🛎😅😂

I say... hang on minute, old chap! Leslie may be great but he ain't late! :D 97, according to Wikipedia. Right, Carry On Quadding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back