Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Dutton Vocation had the license to release these you know that Michael would take a stab at remixing Amigos and Festival into real quad....

i had reasonably high hopes they might tackle the Santana catalogue after they did the Quad SACD of Illuminations.. but now at least the Santana Quads are trickling out, albeit costing us all a fair few more quid the Sony Japan way, we can feel confident its bound to be a beautiful looking product that will sound great! 🤑

i had reasonably high hopes they might tackle the Santana catalogue after they did the Quad SACD of Illuminations.. but now at least the Santana Quads are trickling out, albeit costing us all a fair few more quid the Sony Japan way, we can feel confident its bound to be a beautiful looking product that will sound great! 🤑

But I was hoping that D~V could access the QUAD masters for Santana/John McLaughlin's LOVE, DEVOTION, SURRENDER!

See the source image

Last edited:
Yea 4ears at the time Illuminations was released I was hoping for the same.

Since Sony Japan and DV are separate markets could they both be licensed for the Santana quads?

But I was hoping that D~V could access the QUAD masters for Santana/John McLaughlin's LOVE, DEVOTION, SURRENDER!

See the source image
Sri Chinmoy's heavenly abodes may also appreciate it; but Sri is obviously much warmer and smiling in this photo. Carlos looks like he's freezing, get a coat Carlos, get a coat!

I want Caravanserai -but hey, let's have it all !!!

Yea 4ears at the time Illuminations was released I was hoping for the same.

Since Sony Japan and DV are separate markets could they both be licensed for the Santana quads?

Well at least D~V was able to release the Santana/Buddy Miles LIVE QUAD SACD which, IMO, sounds pretty spectacular but Santana's core albums, as suspected, were off the table. Whether if and when Caravanserai is released by SONY Japan wonder if they will go all the way and get all those Santana QUADs released even the ones with questionable QUAD remixes! Doubtful they'll order any new remixes of Amigos and/or Festival...but then again... stranger things have happened!

Last edited:
Sri Chinmoy's heavenly abodes may also appreciate it; but Sri is obviously much warmer and smiling in this photo. Carlos looks like he's freezing, get a coat Carlos, get a coat!

I want Caravanserai -but hey, let's have it all !!!
I sold Sri a flute once. Interestingly,he would not hold the money.
His assistant did that for him !
Caravanserai is my favourite Santana album.
(and I used to play in a Santana cover band !)

I got the same message.

Besides that, I have an Amazon order that was missing an item. A UK order from weeks ago is still missing an entire box. I received a Chicago Carnegie that was missing disc 9. Took them a month to send replacement. It was only that "quick" because I shook things up a bit.

I've said this before, "I miss record stores!"

Back