Air 10 000 Hz Legend (20th Anniversary with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos Mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave this album a listen yesterday, and while I agree with most of you that it isn't my favorite Air album, I do think it will make an incredible surround sound presentation if it is done well. My hope is that Air will release all their albums with a properly done surround mix, that would be truly amazing!

Agreed that Moon Safari is a better album. I did see them on tour for this album and have to say some of the songs from 10,000 Hz translated much better live than on album. I remember enjoying "Electronic Performers" much more live. It was their opener for the show and it felt like the whole club was shaking when the song started.

I admittedly bought this album back in the day and then later sold it being disappointed after being a big fan of Moon Safari. Of course you throw a 5.1 mix my way and I will quickly give the album a reassessment! :p

Also, has anyone in the US tried to pre-order this from Amazon Canada? I tried to pre-order and got this error message:
"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location. "

Edit: Never mind, I decided to go with Bull Moose, as suggested previously in the thread by GabeL. (y)

Last edited:
ImportCD is now listing it as a pre~order with a release date of November 5th:

10 000 Hz Legend

https://www.importcds.com/10-000-hz-legend/190296713392

Last edited:
For those that have pre-ordered this, you will be pleased. The ATMOS mix of this via Apple/Tidal is exceptionally good. The album is what I would label as avant-garde electronica and the mixer has adopted the same approach extracting surround sound effects that are pushing the boundaries of this format. (Very original approach yielding some surround effects , that I haven’t noticed before. A true work of sonic art.)
Very impressed and will probably look at buying the disc version.

For those that have pre-ordered this, you will be pleased. The ATMOS mix of this via Apple/Tidal is exceptionally good. The album is what I would label as avant-garde electronica and the mixer has adopted the same approach extracting surround sound effects that are pushing the boundaries of this format. (Very original approach yielding some surround effects , that I haven’t noticed before. A true work of sonic art.)
Very impressed and will probably look at buying the disc version.
I think this mix is up there with the likes of Yello and Kraftwerk. :cool:

Back