10 quadraphonic songs by 20 artists: Pioneering non-profit internet radio station dublab commemorates over two decades quad vinyl & chair for package

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamranv

QQ Supporter
Bedrock.LA & dublab's decades ( in space ) album commemorates respective 10th & 20th anniversaries with 10 #quadraphonic songs by 20 contributing artists.

It's available #today as #QUARK (QS/Regular Matrix) encoded quadraphonic digital + Dolby Laboratories #atmos #dolbyatmos

+ Limited Edition QUARK encoded Vinyl pre-order which includes a “make space” kit with a real chair & personal galaxy (see video) designed by NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory UX Designer Marijke Jorritsma, Experience Designer Daniel Perlin, Architectural Designer John Vieweg & me (I also produced the record with the artists). All proceeds benefit dublab.

Quadraphonic collaborations include:
Listen & Pre-Order Vinyl
Press Release
decades ( in space ) cover_210603-ai1920px.jpg

Bedrock.LA & dublab's decades ( in space ) album commemorates respective 10th & 20th anniversaries with 10 #quadraphonic songs by 20 contributing artists.

It's available #today as #QUARK (QS/Regular Matrix) encoded quadraphonic digital + Dolby Laboratories #atmos #dolbyatmos

+ Limited Edition QUARK encoded Vinyl pre-order which includes a “make space” kit with a real chair & personal galaxy (see video) designed by NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory UX Designer Marijke Jorritsma, Experience Designer Daniel Perlin, Architectural Designer John Vieweg & me (I also produced the record with the artists). All proceeds benefit dublab.

Quadraphonic collaborations include:
Listen & Pre-Order Vinyl
Press Release
View attachment 71930
View attachment 71929

Jeff Parker & Tortoise in quad--this I gotta hear!
https://music.apple.com/us/album/decades-in-space/1582605338

This is a masterpeice in surround mixing.
Playing it in Atmos
It just comes alive

Which is exactly what we want surround music to do.

Cheers
Mike

wow. Mike, Thank you for these incredibly kind words on the album… it really means a lot that you’d even listen.

…form your mouth/fingers to the Immersive Audio Grammy Committee’s ears/eyes :)

wow. Mike, Thank you for these incredibly kind words on the album… it really means a lot that you’d even listen.

from your mouth/fingers to the Immersive Audio Grammy Committee’s ears/eyes :)
Not a problem and it is more than worthy of my nomination.

Do you have other projects in the pipeline?

How do you p;lay QS in Atmos?
Good question.
Well at the moment, you can't!!
Had me at it...as I believed the Apple listing to be correct.

It's such a great mix that it surrounds better than some Atmos mixes.

Need to get off my arse and check the Atmos heights in future....

Good question.
Well at the moment, you can't!!
Had me at it...as I believed the Apple listing to be correct.

It's such a great mix that it surrounds better than some Atmos mixes.

Need to get off my arse and check the Atmos heights in future....
You rule, @beerking .

So you all know, the "stereo" version (which is also on the pre-order vinyl) of this record is actually QUARK (QS/Regular Matrix/DPLII/Involve compatible) so no matter if you listen to the Atmos version or the 2-channel version, you get space. All versions are actually the exact same mix, just "packaged" in the different formats as needed.

You rule, @beerking .

So you all know, the "stereo" version (which is also on the pre-order vinyl) of this record is actually QUARK (QS/Regular Matrix/DPLII/Involve compatible) so no matter if you listen to the Atmos version or the 2-channel version, you get space. All versions are actually the exact same mix, just "packaged" in the different formats as needed.
On the Dolby Atmos renderer there are options for downsizing, one for a 5.1 downsize and one for Stereo downsize. For the later you can choose DPLII. I believe that goes in the Atmos Master you send to your distributor…. (but not really sure). And I don’t know how Apple decides to play a binaural or dplii version. There is a bit too much magic going on…

On the Dolby Atmos renderer there are options for downsizing, one for a 5.1 downsize and one for Stereo downsize. For the later you can choose DPLII. I believe that goes in the Atmos Master you send to your distributor…. (but not really sure). And I don’t know how Apple decides to play a binaural or dplii version. There is a bit too much magic going on…
Way too much “magic”

Hi Buddies. A little update on this project. For those of you in the Miami area for Art Basel or otherwise, we finally debuted the packaging for our quad vinyl release. Pretty fun. hear.space

Attachments

• decades ( in space )_231205-most gold_compressed.jpg
    decades ( in space )_231205-most gold_compressed.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Back