Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I may mention my rig one more time (to comment on the Reavon on CEC), the sony and marantz av 8805a work via hfmi 2.1 earc faster than any control can, controlling with the sony backlit remote both the 103 and 203, as fully functioning jukeboxes, oh the tidal inside tv app has the correct volume and has zero dropouts, disney, hbomax, prime and all the video apps wipe the floor with the pq of appletv. I was delighted to see that Kris tested mkv's, dsf and multichannel flacs on both Reavons. Was ready to place an order on Monday BUT UPON checking the manual CEC addresses only power on and off. Reavon is only half hour from me I am going to ask if this is something they would consider adding, with the new Sony 100" dropping in price from 80 to 20g, this is an exciting prospect for super hi performance mini immersive systems using the Reavon as a Jukebox.
Check the Reavon thread on AVS, there's a new player coming and it looks like a real high end player, and it's not a Reavon.

Last edited:
Those are Dynaudio, great speaker to use with screens lesser than 8 feet wide with no center (phantom) they also go down into the low 40's. Making the sub thing optional. Here is my SONY OLED 83" setup, for a 75 grand system it gives most 500k plus systems i have done or heard a run for the investment because being nearfield gets you whacked from every direction especially in multichannel music with concussive directional bass, that feature alone is hard to reproduce in the mid-field and may be impossible in the far field giving the smallest of rooms what I value as a MILLION DOLLAR ADVANTAGE. I REALLY DO THINK IT IS THE GREATEST THING EVER. i have shown the system to 2 potential customers, we are moving ahead with both sales..

sorry to go wildly OT but i just wanted to say 2 quick things;

firstly, i agree wholeheartedly about the nearfield thing, my current living area is the smallest i've ever had a Surround Music setup in and its so easy to get a good balance, both tonal and spatial, i'm the happiest with the Surround sound i've ever been right now and a lot of it must be down to the room itself and the speaker layout with everything being so close to the "sweet spot" because i'm still using the same source components, speakers, etc and even with my very modest gear everything sounds so Surround-y! 🥳

oh and above all, 2.. Congrats on your beautiful TV!! 🥰

i went to John Lewis the other day to look at getting a new telly and they had the latest Sony 83" OLED on display. the picture quality was absolutely jaw-dropping, i mean astounding. even on the shop floor you could appreciate the way the colours popped and the blacks were squid like in their inkyness! totally staggering picture to the point where it totally put me off the 75" full array Sony i went to buy, it just paled in comparison to the incredibly beautiful images of the 83" OLED i knew i'd always regret the purchase!! 🤣

edit: unfortunately i don't have the necessary £6,500 quid lying about the place to splurge on a majestically divine piece of equipment like the 83" Sony OLED right now, so as soon as i got home from John Lewis i went right back to the drawing board and finally opted for an 88" Laser TV (HiSense 4K Blue Laser UST) off Amazon instead which will never be anywhere near as good as either of the Sony TVs but was "only" a few pennies short of 2 grand, not so painful if you say it quickly. well it only just arrived so getting it all set up now, wish me luck!!🤞🍀😅

Last edited:
Last edited:
http://pannde.cn/product_list4.html
Interesting toys for the crew at QQ. The only thing to find out is how much CEC functionality and importing them. Here their pedigree is divulged.
Pande.png

A Little review

With subtitles

Mr. Little Bacon (that is his last name) says it acts like an oppo, for under 700 euros this looks good, perhaps it has the oppo full set of cec commands. Thanks King.

Looks like Pannde has several different models - they appear to have great specs (one apparently even has an internal HDD!) and build quality but there's very little hard info on any of them. What info there is seems...iffy. Let's see :unsure:, a Chinese company specializing in jailbreak software, products promising to be Oppo functional clones, product marketing/sales in Spain, with technical support based in Germany...what could possibly go wrong? :ROFLMAO:

They claim to be the makers of the Pioneer and also developers of the jailbreak software for it, not just the later If I read correctly.

Question: I run a modded Oppo 105 and 4K projector/screen. Analog outs to vintage Marantz receiver amps. 4300(quad) and 2270(center)

To add 4K disc capability, could I use an Oppo 203 or UBR-X100, sending it's HDMI audio out to the 105 and it's 4K video directly to the projector? Anybody doing this? Would a cheaper 4K player do just as well? Or would audio suffer due to cheaper DACs in a cheaper player? Or do the 4K player's DACs not come into play in this scenario?

I've been replacing my DVDs with Blu-Rays, because they look much better on the 4K capable projector and 4K screen. I want to see what improvement 4K discs deliver, to see if its worth the $ to hunt them down where available.

If the improvement is great enough, I might invest in a Oppo 205. I'm happy with my 105's audio.(Dr. Lee OppoMod linear power supply)

Please educate me on these points. Maybe it will apply to others too. Thanks!

My understanding is that few 4K projectors do HDR- or do it well. IMO the increased resolution of UHD discs is a negligible benefit; it's the improved contrast and esp. the wide color gamut of HDR that makes the move to 4K worthwhile. Though the increased resolution is probably more noticeable on a big projection screen. But if your projector doesn't do HDR well, you may find the benefit of UHD not worth the investment.

If you do want to check it out, I'd suggest getting a Sony UBP800X M2- which will be considerably cheaper than a 205 (or 203) and will allow you to return it if you're not satisfied. It has dual HDMI outputs, so you could send your video to the projector and audio to the 105. That would use the 105's DACs for he audio.

If you do go the Oppo route, there's no real reason to get the 205, since it's advantage over the 203 is it's superior audio, which you won't use passing the audio over HDMI to the 103.

Happy hunting!

But the Sony does not plat flac 5.1 tracks gaplessly. A big nono in these parts. Do correct me if you found a way.

Back