Music streaming on Apple Music in 5.1 (Dolby Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great that they're adding these old Quad albums. Unfortunately there's a channel assignment issue on the 2nd track of this album - Easy Street, where the fronts and rears are swapped the wrong way round. So spin your chair around for that one... 😄
This is just getting better by the minute, or by the day anyway. Ok, I need to find out what I gotta do to get Apple Music and where is the best deal on it?

Great that they're adding these old Quad albums. Unfortunately there's a channel assignment issue on the 2nd track of this album - Easy Street, where the fronts and rears are swapped the wrong way round. So spin your chair around for that one... 😄
I can deal with that. Do a channel swap during or after recording on my six-channel recorder. This album was important to me at age 14. I saw the group in 73 and was awaiting the follow-up to the big hit album. I really liked about 1/2 of it, and the rest was not too bad. They look absolutely electrified on the front cover.

That's not true. Dolby Audio files show as Dolby Audio. All they have to do is make "Available" something that is searchable or filterable.

View attachment 72915

Ah, you were responding to me. You misunderstood me. I was saying that in AppleScript there is no way to tell something is Dolby Audio. AppleScript can't read the screen. In AppleScript a track has a "kind" field and the value for Dolby Audio tracks is still just "Apple Music AAC audio file".

But there is also the 'Available' entry right there in the screen shot, which has to be a data field of some sort. The values change per song, so the data is there already. Apple just hasn't exposed the field to any kind of filter or sort or playlist capability.

But there is also the 'Available' entry right there in the screen shot, which has to be a data field of some sort. The values change per song, so the data is there already. Apple just hasn't exposed the field to any kind of filter or sort or playlist capability.

But what? We are in agreement as I previously said "can't think of of way to search that "available" field. Maybe AppleScript will catch up to the new options,"

You are literally arguing with me by agreeing with me and restating things I already said. Whatever.

So the piano opening is supposed to be in the rear?

It perplexes me that i do not see the same surround/Dolby reports others here do. i def. see Atmos when available tho

It would be nice if Apple gave us a way to search/sort based on 5.1/Dolby? Or do they?

Because searching through 1000s of random LPs hoping for the Dolby surround is a PITA

My amp has been in a shop for a few weeks now, so I cant try anything in that way, but I don't think I can just search "ATMOS" and find all the individual ATMOS LPs they have?

i find a "spatial" releases box tho, which appears to be all loose and random tracks they have rendered to spatial?

Still can't believe we are getting quad mixes released via streaming. It's been great.

The lack of fanfare makes one seriously wonder what we haven't found yet. But I imagine there are people from the forum checking every known quad album every day, so maybe we are getting them as they come out.

I got up this morning and check this thread again just to make sure I was not just dreaming, and that the Winter brothers did indeed get some of their prime period albums up for streaming in Quadraphonic 4.0 discreet surround sound!!!

I would have expected that any and all 4.0 and 5.1 surround mixes that would appear for streaming would have been mixes previously released on a silver disc in the last 22 years or so. And not be the exclusive material we are seeing from the 70s quad list including those so-called QUAD-BLOCKED titles. It seems Apple are paying no attention, and having no fear or concerns about what MFSL is doing, no concerns the BGO did Winter two-fers, no concerns that an SACD appeared 20 years ago and is long out of print anyway. Hell, Apple might even beat Sony Japan to Caravanserai in 4.0 if they don't get with it, or have a "hold" on it in place already.

I got up this morning and check this thread again just to make sure I was not just dreaming, and that the Winter brothers did indeed get some of their prime period albums up for streaming in Quadraphonic 4.0 discreet surround sound!!!

I would have expected that any and all 4.0 and 5.1 surround mixes that would appear for streaming would have been mixes previously released on a silver disc in the last 22 years or so. And not be the exclusive material we are seeing from the 70s quad list including those so-called QUAD-BLOCKED titles. It seems Apple are paying no attention, and having no fear or concerns about what MFSL is doing, no concerns the BGO did Winter two-fers, no concerns that an SACD appeared 20 years ago and is long out of print anyway. Hell, Apple might even beat Sony Japan to Caravanserai in 4.0 if they don't get with it, or have a "hold" on it in place already.

Nothing to do with Apple, they put out what the labels give them. So it is the labels that are "paying no attention".

Back