Al Stewart - Time Passages (Alan Parsons 5.1 mix out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does someone have a link for this at ImportCDs. That's where I ordered it originally, but they processed a refund since it appears to have been misplaced by USPS. Was going to go back to the well a second time...
They did the exact same thing with me. I am pissed!! Now, they don't even list the damn thing. Nor does Bull Moose.

Looks like Import CDs / Deep Discount had some copies but must have sold them. I ordered from DD on the weekend ($55.71 total plus a 3% "ebate
") and it shipped on monday, listing is now gone (it was item number 5013929473287 if you care to search).

....they say USPS lost it. Really? Did they?
Well if you had some kind of tracking at first beyond the "made the label stage" I'd say they likely did ship it. I'm glad I got this when I did. I feel badly for all of you who haven't gotten it.

There seems to be something up with this release with regard to the quantity pressed. Did they low ball the pressing? Was it recalled? Is a cache of them sitting in a stranded container somewhere? Inquiring minds want to know.

I hate to say it, but given the current situation in the USPS and with the upcoming holiday season, it may be necessary to select Priority Mail shipping on all this stuff. Or go with Amazon.
Yeah, those Amazon delivery guys are on top of it. So is UPS. Ive seen more than a few signs in the area here saying "Fund the USPS"

Mine is still 'stuck' in transit. I emailed ImportCD a day or so ago but got no response (so far). What a joke.

FWIW, I had an order from ImportCDs (Jethro Tull's A box) end up at the USPS mail recovery center in... I want to say Florida? That was in March or April of this year. It did eventually arrive sometime later, just as I was about to give up on it. Why it ended up there, I haven't the slightest; it appeared to be addressed correctly.

By the way, it can be purchased from Amazon UK for $79.63 (includes shipping)

I just can't bring myself to spend that much after I had it ordered for $59 at importCD. Bastards....they say USPS lost it. Really? Did they?

Thanks GOS!

So I just bit the bullet and ordered one from Amazon UK. These things will disappear in a month or so, so thanks to ImportCD and the USPS, I decided to bite the bullet and order one at the higher price.

If the other one eventually shows, I'll just stash it away as in a year or so it will be worth more than what I paid for mine on Amazon.uk

Well if you had some kind of tracking at first beyond the "made the label stage" I'd say they likely did ship it. I'm glad I got this when I did. I feel badly for all of you who haven't gotten it.

There seems to be something up with this release with regard to the quantity pressed. Did they low ball the pressing? Was it recalled? Is a cache of them sitting in a stranded container somewhere? Inquiring minds want to know.
Is it possible they found out about a particular mix/mastering error after the first pressing, and pulled the plug to address those issues for a corrected run?
And how many times in the past is this sort of thing known to have happened?

IIRC, there're also some minor clipping on some of these songs in the fronts (For many years now, it seems that may not even be such a big deal to some.)

Well, apparently ImportCDs has given up on my shipment. I wonder where the order went? Just got this email:

Thank you for contacting ImportCDs!

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience, your refund has been requested and should be reflected in your account within the next 3-5 business days.

Again, thank you for contacting ImportCDs. We appreciate your business.

Well, apparently ImportCDs has given up on my shipment. I wonder where the order went? Just got this email:

Thank you for contacting ImportCDs!

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience, your refund has been requested and should be reflected in your account within the next 3-5 business days.

Again, thank you for contacting ImportCDs. We appreciate your business.
Exact same message received yesterday, after I asked them why the delay in receipt. Seems to me there's something strange going on with this album.

Update: My copy has made it from Pittsburgh to a distribution center in NJ. Expected deliver is now tomorrow. So the good news is that it was not lost. The bad news is that the USPS media mail delivery has slowed to a snails pace. (My apologies to any snail I may have insulted.)
It’s called excargo- add butter and garlic

Back