Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how all over the place this mix is!

Attachments

• 6C084DA4-D6D7-4A09-A680-AC47AA38773D.jpeg
    6C084DA4-D6D7-4A09-A680-AC47AA38773D.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 56
Good Monday Morning People !
So this is my favorite (new music to me) release this year! I keep playing this one....

Air - 10 000 Hz Legend
1636984611401.png 1636984626229.png

I first listened to this on Apple Music and liked it but I don't recall it, or the ATMOS mix, sounding anywhere near as good as this disc sounds! Just an outstanding surround mix. I'd put this ATMOS mix up there along with King Crimson's In The Court Of The Crimson King (The Complete 1969 Recordings), Yello's Point, and Kraftwerk's 3D The Catalogue.

It starts with a little bit of Pink Floyd - On The Run type synths sections that I wish they did more of....I love those trippy synths! They have several vocalists, some with effected vocals, but one part sounds like Bryan Ferry / Roxy Music / Eno-ish. You have a Beck Hansen song with trippy background electronics (he's on 2 cuts). I hear a little bit of Flaming Lips and Super Furry Animals sounds as well.

I just searched for, and found the Poll Thread for this release.... time to cut and paste!

Last edited:
My Dear Titch:

So Sorry Air's sophomore album 10,000 Hz Legend failed to give you N🇳🇴rwegian Wood....but

One man's ceiling is another man's floor: the highest one person could aspire to may be just a starting point for a man of greater talent. But it always makes me think of the reverse...One man's floor is another man's ceiling!

In closing, I ❤ MOON, TOO!

~👂👂👂 👂, darling

https://www.stereogum.com/2149345/10-000-hz-legend-turns-20/reviews/the-anniversary/

I'll give heaps of praise for the cheap price and the fact that the album immediately defaults to playing the entire album in Dolby Atmos, without having to go through a ridiculous, convoluted menu via a screen. I mean, the Let It Be blu-ray has to be the winner of the most annoying authoring of multichannel discs, since the Nick Cave and Björk DVD-As.

I've been playing 10 000 Hz legend for days, trying to be friends with it. Admittedly, even a rather crap album sounds considerably less crap in Dolby Atmos. Still no Norwegian Wood, alas. Not even the faintest little tremor.

I'll give heaps of praise for the cheap price and the fact that the album immediately defaults to playing the entire album in Dolby Atmos, without having to go through a ridiculous, convoluted menu via a screen. I mean, the Let It Be blu-ray has to be the winner of the most annoying authoring of multichannel discs, since the Nick Cave and Björk DVD-As.

I've been playing 10 000 Hz legend for days, trying to be friends with it. Admittedly, even a rather crap album sounds considerably less crap in Dolby Atmos. Still no Norwegian Wood, alas. Not even the faintest little tremor.
I don't have this on disc, but I enjoy it on Apple Music, it's a very good mix that suits the music. But I prefer artists like Tori Amos and Grata Van Fleet for my daily Atmos listening. Different styles, but both are great music and good mixes. :cool:

Tsk, Tsk, Titch, no doubt Air's debut album Moon Safari in ATMOS will cause tremors .... and ripple effects but at least supporting 10,000 Hz Legend on physical disc will hopefully ensure that all the French duo's output will eventually have Lossless BD~A releases .... at similarly nice prices!

Back