Surround Master V3 has landed (news, discounts etc)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overture

QQ Supporter
Ahoy all,

It is with great pride and extreme terror that I can announce that the SM V3 has landed and is available for purchase. It's a bit of a refresh - the power supply has been updated to be more efficient and cleaner (see also: runs much cooler than previous versions) - and also gives the analog path a bit more headroom - not that it was really needed but doesn't hurt either - in particular though the negative rail has been improved and Charlie and I both think the unit sounds a bit cleaner.

Also new in this version: Optical input. Stereo PCM up to 96/24.

Plus the LEDS on the front panel no longer burn directly into your soul - I think this could be considered a "quality of life" upgrade.

Surround Master V3 - INVOLVE AUDIO

The downsides - well, it's a little more expensive now for a few reasons: partly the upgrades, and partly because as you may know, the electronics industry has been royally screwed up by Covid-19, in terms of labour and supply chain issues, and there are massive silicon and chip shortages worldwide - a situation that may not be properly rectified for some time. (yes, we're talking years). I'm sure if you've tried to purchase a PC video card in the last 6 months, you know what I'm talking about. We do however still have a couple of discounts for new and existing owners.

The price is USD $695 outside of Australia. Inside of Australia we have a new distributor who will be handling those sales, and the price is AUD $995. That's pretty close to the same price, depending on the exchange rate it may wobble a bit. That company is https://newsoundtech.com/ - they're extremely enthusiastic about our products, which is always a plus - and not to worry, Involve is still covering the warranty etc.

Anyway, discounts:

Firstly, for QQ forum members we still have a $50 discount with the code smv3qq21

Secondly, for existing owners we have an additional $100 discount. BUT we're doing that one a bit differently now; the code will be tied to your email address for ordering. If you want to use it, contact me at [email protected] and give me the details of your previous order (order number and email address used will do) and I'll give you the code and authorise it for use with your email.

ANYWAY - here we are. If you've been waiting for this version with Optical, or just waiting for the next batch - have at it, friends.
If you're an owner of the V2.....I'm not going to call this an essential upgrade but if you were thinking about a second unit or REALLY want that optical input - well, here it is. :)

Yours in a white-wine sauce with garlic, mushrooms and shallots,

~David (Bitch, First class)

P.S. the six channel amp is coming, watch this space (or the space around it).

:SB I love simple optical inputs and I have always been totally fascinated by fiber optic technology.
I still get a little thrill when I'm just waving the end of the optical cable around and if the beam of light happens to hit the receiver I get sound for a moment. I know how it works, and I know it's fundamentally not magic or anything, but it still feels cool as heck.

Questions?:
Does the optical input get decoded? If so, how do you switch between the optical and analogue inputs? Nothing is in the manual regarding the optical input and its functionality.

Questions?:
Does the optical input get decoded? If so, how do you switch between the optical and analogue inputs? Nothing is in the manual regarding the optical input and its functionality.

Yes the optical input is decoded. We simply use a mixer between the rca and opticals

Ahoy all,

It is with great pride and extreme terror that I can announce that the SM V3 has landed and is available for purchase. It's a bit of a refresh - the power supply has been updated to be more efficient and cleaner (see also: runs much cooler than previous versions) - and also gives the analog path a bit more headroom - not that it was really needed but doesn't hurt either - in particular though the negative rail has been improved and Charlie and I both think the unit sounds a bit cleaner.

Also new in this version: Optical input. Stereo PCM up to 96/24.

Plus the LEDS on the front panel no longer burn directly into your soul - I think this could be considered a "quality of life" upgrade.

Surround Master V3 - INVOLVE AUDIO

The downsides - well, it's a little more expensive now for a few reasons: partly the upgrades, and partly because as you may know, the electronics industry has been royally screwed up by Covid-19, in terms of labour and supply chain issues, and there are massive silicon and chip shortages worldwide - a situation that may not be properly rectified for some time. (yes, we're talking years). I'm sure if you've tried to purchase a PC video card in the last 6 months, you know what I'm talking about. We do however still have a couple of discounts for new and existing owners.

The price is USD $695 outside of Australia. Inside of Australia we have a new distributor who will be handling those sales, and the price is AUD $995. That's pretty close to the same price, depending on the exchange rate it may wobble a bit. That company is https://newsoundtech.com/ - they're extremely enthusiastic about our products, which is always a plus - and not to worry, Involve is still covering the warranty etc.

Anyway, discounts:

Firstly, for QQ forum members we still have a $50 discount with the code smv3qq21

Secondly
, for existing owners we have an additional $100 discount. BUT we're doing that one a bit differently now; the code will be tied to your email address for ordering. If you want to use it, contact me at [email protected] and give me the details of your previous order (order number and email address used will do) and I'll give you the code and authorise it for use with your email.

ANYWAY - here we are. If you've been waiting for this version with Optical, or just waiting for the next batch - have at it, friends.
If you're an owner of the V2.....I'm not going to call this an essential upgrade but if you were thinking about a second unit or REALLY want that optical input - well, here it is. :)

Yours in a white-wine sauce with garlic, mushrooms and shallots,

~David (Bitch, First class)

P.S. the six channel amp is coming, watch this space (or the space around it).

Bought and paid for! Now, when is the amp and mini preamp coming??

The amp is in production, we are waiting for stuff to be delivered for assembly. My best guess is early February.

The preamp will be probably after April as Dave is still struggling with the software on the de click stuff

To be fair, I'm struggling with being a one-man engineering department, web development department , tech support department, and sales and shipping department. Oh, and I'm the entire pirate constituent in the company.
The software will come in time.

Not bitter, just busy.

Last edited:
To be fair, I'm struggling with being a one-man engineering department, web development department , tech support department, and sales and shipping department. The software will come in time.

Not bitter, just busy.

"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it"
Livin' the dream there Dave? :QQlove:bowing:

Back