Al Stewart - Time Passages (Alan Parsons 5.1 mix out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, here is what I really don't understand. My copy from importCD shipped out. (not just label created, but actually arrived to another USPS location) From there, it said it was delayed but moving to the next location.

So, let's say it got sent somewhere else. Let's say, somehow, it got shoved into the corner...I dunno. If it truly just got lost among other things....won't it eventually get found? I mean, I don't get this excuse. I really don't.

So, here is what I really don't understand. My copy from importCD shipped out. (not just label created, but actually arrived to another USPS location) From there, it said it was delayed but moving to the next location.

So, let's say it got sent somewhere else. Let's say, somehow, it got shoved into the corner...I dunno. If it truly just got lost among other things....won't it eventually get found? I mean, I don't get this excuse. I really don't.

I just don’t know what problem arose with media mail in the past several months. I suspect that it may be best in the future to pay the extra $5 to $7 for Priority Mail and avoid (I hope) all the angst. Did you file a missing piece of mail report?

It seems odd that there might be a large load of Time Passages shipments from ImportCD sitting in a PO in Pittsburgh or other places, but why was ImportCD so quick to refund us without giving the allegedly lost packages a chance to surface. Very strange.

In the meantime, by TP showed up from Amazon.uk, packed well and arriving safely. It's a very nice presentation. Two of the discs had dislodged but were fine. I can live with that. I am ripping the DVD as I type.

But still, the saga of ImportCDs shipping leaves a lot to the imagination - for sure

It seems odd that there might be a large load of Time Passages shipments from ImportCD sitting in a PO in Pittsburgh or other places, but why was ImportCD so quick to refund us without giving the allegedly lost packages a chance to surface. Very strange.

In the meantime, by TP showed up from Amazon.uk, packed well and arriving safely. It's a very nice presentation. Two of the discs had dislodged but were fine. I can live with that. I am ripping the DVD as I type.

But still, the saga of ImportCDs shipping leaves a lot to the imagination - for sure
Jon - they cancelled mine without me asking them to. I was simply asking what happened to my copy. So suspicious.

Add me to the list of those with a "Time Passages" set lost in the mail. I got a letter from the USPS stating they had an empty container with the contents missing. I ordered from Importcds.com who didn't hesitate in issuing a refund. Very strange this is happening in such a widespread way for this title.

I just don’t know what problem arose with media mail in the past several months. I suspect that it may be best in the future to pay the extra $5 to $7 for Priority Mail and avoid (I hope) all the angst. Did you file a missing piece of mail report?
Hmm, well, we'll see. importCD just sent my Kiss Destroyer via 1st class (I didn't ask them to). Let's see if it gets here more prompt than most any other order I've had with them in the last several months.

I also received an empty box from Import CDs for Time Passages. I pre-ordered months before the release date and received an empty box shortly after the release date. Import CDs offered a refund or to wait for them to get more in stock. I have chosen to wait for more in stock, though I am starting to have my doubts on this for this item.

That being said, I have ordered many items from Import CDs and have had no more than 1 or 2 with issues, which they quickly addressed.

So, not sure what is going on with this title.

Last edited:
I also received an empty box from Import CDs for Time Passages. I pre-ordered months before the release date and received an empty box shortly after the release date. Import CDs offered a refund or to wait for them to get more in stock. I have chosen to wait for more in stock, though I am starting to have my doubts on this for this item.

That being said, I have ordered many items from Import CDs and have had no more than 1 or 2 with issues, which they quickly addressed.

So, not sure what I going on with this title.
WTF? You got a shipment, and the box was empty?? Now that's a first....

Mine arrived quickly from Amazon UK via DHL. Not a big fan of AS and the mix was a bit bland for my taste. I am seriously considering switching more to apple and tidal for this interest, have a bit of buyers remorse on this one, sorry to admit.

Mine arrived quickly from Amazon UK via DHL. Not a big fan of AS and the mix was a bit bland for my taste. I am seriously considering switching more to apple and tidal for this interest, have a bit of buyers remorse on this one, sorry to admit.

The streaming route is a great way to audition before buying the expensive set. I’ll probably do the same if Apple would just stop driving people crazy with their buggy app.

At least you should be able to recoup your money down the road as these physical sets still have a collectability aspect.

I know yes, I have a huge multichannel library, cannot believe the KC Road to Red now sells for $980! My problem is the bandwidth to sell piecemeal, the emails , packing, shipping that takes time and effort. Cheers!

I know yes, I have a huge multichannel library, cannot believe the KC Road to Red now sells for $980! My problem is the bandwidth to sell piecemeal, the emails , packing, shipping that takes time and effort. Cheers!
I'm not sure where you do your shopping but one just sold on eBay brand new for $300 and most of them used for 379 aren't even selling

Back