Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R-6935275-1433777740-6879.jpeg.jpg

23E579A2-38F4-4327-945D-FC7A09268BDE.jpeg

Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star

This album is all over the place, in a good way. Some beautiful melodies buried in here.
Wish the handwritten lyrics were easier to follow.
The sound is fine, better than expected based on reviews (though the first track “International Feel” is pretty nasty).

View attachment 73825

This album is all over the place, in a good way. Some beautiful melodies buried in here.
The sound is fine, better than expected based on reviews (though the first track “International Feel” is pretty nasty).

Rang, Patti Smith had the honor to [finally] induct RUNT into this year's ROCK 'N ROLL HALL OF FAME but Todd 'skipped' the ceremonies calling them a "CROCK":

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/28/todd-rundgren-rock-hall-of-fame-skipping-ceremony/

Paul Mauriat BEST SELECTION [Philips/2 Stereo SHM~SACDs] 50 of Mssr Mauriat's VERY Easy [on the ears] Listening selections including LOVE IS BLUE on two superbly remastered single layer Stereo SHM~SACDs

See the source image

This one high on my wish list
Hope it’s better than Wildflower

IMO, Rang, she's gone back to her roots: Jazzy, breathy vocals with some tasty jazz accompaniment! Saw her in concert a few years ago and she literally 'phoned' in the performance. And only a month before, her hubby Elvis Costello with the Roots blew off the roof at the same venue!

A Variation of a GOS Theme
Not sure if this is funny or a sad indication of my lack of knowing what I own. And - no I did not do Gene type duplication here .

I've been wanting this release. But its going for serious Bezos money. Not gonna pay at that level to play !! Today, while playing in the mancave I found that I already own this !!!! Astounding....and embarrassing ..............Its all good. And this version is incredible !! No wonder it is highly sought after

doobiessacd.jpg

A Variation of a GOS Theme
Not sure if this is funny or a sad indication of my lack of knowing what I own. And - no I did not do Gene type duplication here .

I've been wanting this release. But its going for serious Bezos money. Not gonna pay at that level to play !! Today, while playing in the mancave I found that I already own this !!!! Astounding....and embarrassing ..............Its all good. And this version is incredible !! No wonder it is highly sought after

View attachment 73881
FWIW, this uses the same mastering that can be downloaded/streamed in hi-res at 24/96 or 24/192. This is true for all the Doobies hybrid SACDs in this series.

View attachment 73825

I sold my copy back when I had lost my job. Well, it wasn't that I lost my job....my job lost me. Anyway, wish I hadn't done that......now that I'm fully employed again....

Back