TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STAR WARS - The Book of Boba Fett
Disney + - Dec. 29th

TBOBF.JPG

Tech Support in any company always seem to say its the cable, after saying reboot!

First thing is anything else grabbing bandwidth when you try watching from your U-Verse? i.e. saving to HDD, streaming in another room.

If not I'd move the cable at your Ethernet switch along to another port, if the problem goes its the port. If it doesn't try another Ethernet switch if you've got one, as the switch internal routing maybe malfunctioning.
Thanks for the recommendations Dunc., got a new D-Link switch and that solved my problem; will recycle that old switch :)

The Wheel of Time
*Amazon Prime (Nov 19th; planned for 8 seasons!)

OK, I can now report back some on this one, having watched the first three episodes (I think maybe 8 episodes this season total.) I watched it on my Apple TV 4K & Amazon app last night.

This is a pretty nice show, with some jaw dropping gorgeous scenery (filmed in the Czech Republic)

I wont give anymore away, but for me has the feel and quality of "The Lord Of The Rings!"

Cowboy Bebop (series)
*just dropped on Netflix - could be interesting...
music sure sounds wiiiiide on my computer speakers, wonder if there'll be a separate Atmos soundtrack for this?

Long on style and perpetually short on cash, bounty hunters Spike, Jet and Faye trawl the solar system looking for jobs. But can they outrun Spike's past?

Cowboy Bebop (series)
music sure sounds wiiiiide on my computer speakers, wonder if there'll be a separate Atmos soundtrack for this?

Long on style and perpetually short on cash, bounty hunters Spike, Jet and Faye trawl the solar system looking for jobs. But can they outrun Spike's past?

I'll have to give that a watch

Caught the first 2 episodes last night, sort of a weird mash up of Bruce Lee, Blade Runner, Truck Turner & The Fifth Element (y)
Looked like kind of an expensive production.
I thoroughly enjoyed Cowboy Bebop...great opening theme, too. Just waiting for Netflix to announce that they're green-lighting another season.

Cowboy Bebop (series)

Well Pupster ya beat me to this post!
Bebop is one of the iconic classics like Evangelion, Gundam, AKIRA, and Ghost in the Shell. Anime that fans have very high expectations if a live action adaptation is made, and most of these folks have a knee jerk negative reaction. I'm more tolerant as I've seen examples of very good and very bad LA versions.

Having watched only one eps of Cowboy Bebop so far I very much like it. They got the attitude of the original characters captured very well & casting is great. Maybe it's a bit less colorful than the anime but that's really due to a lack Faye's almost fluorescent hot pants costume. It's an over done cliche anyway, so I'm good. I will definitely be coming back for rest of the series.

The sound is excellent for me as well. Often on Netflix I'll put 2ch stereo out into the Surround Master to liven things up but I'm just playing discrete 5.1 from the Oppo & it's pretty great. Music is awesome & reflects well to the original. I haven't watched enough yet to know if there's new stuff composed, but boy it was fun to hear the previous music bits used.

I thoroughly enjoyed Cowboy Bebop...great opening theme, too. Just waiting for Netflix to announce that they're green-lighting another season.

Ah, yes that has already been done! I found links to that but it contained spoilers that revealed the current season's ending so I'll leave that alone.

My big question is: Where the heck is Edward? Saving for the next season???

Bebop is one of the iconic classics like Evangelion, Gundam, AKIRA, and Ghost in the Shell. Anime that fans have very high expectations if a live action adaptation is made, and most of these folks have a knee jerk negative reaction. I'm more tolerant as I've seen examples of very good and very bad LA versions.

Having watched only one eps of Cowboy Bebop so far I very much like it. They got the attitude of the original characters captured very well & casting is great. Maybe it's a bit less colorful than the anime but that's really due to a lack Faye's almost fluorescent hot pants costume. It's an over done cliche anyway, so I'm good. I will definitely be coming back for rest of the series.

The sound is excellent for me as well. Often on Netflix I'll put 2ch stereo out into the Surround Master to liven things up but I'm just playing discrete 5.1 from the Oppo & it's pretty great. Music is awesome & reflects well to the original. I haven't watched enough yet to know if there's new stuff composed, but boy it was fun to hear the previous music bits used.
I thought the surround sound was decent also, and that nice Jazzy Noir music I love :love:

The CGI / visuals were great and like I said, the production value looked good; the only thing I'm a little concerned about is the quality of the writing/stories, in if they will hold my attention.

One show, last season, that really held my attention well was Bruce Lee's daughter's (Shannon Lee) show "Warrior" and...

On April 14, 2021, the series was renewed for a third season, along with the announcement that it would officially move to HBO Max.[8] The third season is expected to premiere in 2023.[52]

STAR WARS - The Book of Boba Fett
Disney + - Dec. 29th
Looks like I'll have to get Disney for XMas.
But something gotta give.
Media costs for me have been spiraling out of hand.
You don't notice the $4.99 here and $9.95 a month there till you add them up one day. Between the streamers that keep enticing you with a new exclusive show you want to check out, the cable bill, the internet bill, the cell phone bill, music streamers, new CD's & downloads. it's all just too much for this old geezer. If my father (RIP) could see what I spend on media bills for a month he'd have another heart attack. :mad: Just running the numbers thru my head I could buy a new car for what I blow on media. It's all too nuts.
I'm going to review everything by New Years and cut out everything non-essential. Bet I could save a good $100 a month and never miss it. I could get me a good bit of weed for that money. :p

Looks like I'll have to get Disney for XMas.
But something gotta give.
Media costs for me have been spiraling out of hand.
You don't notice the $4.99 here and $9.95 a month there till you add them up one day. Between the streamers that keep enticing you with a new exclusive show you want to check out, the cable bill, the internet bill, the cell phone bill, music streamers, new CD's & downloads. it's all just too much for this old geezer. If my father (RIP) could see what I spend on media bills for a month he'd have another heart attack. :mad: Just running the numbers thru my head I could buy a new car for what I blow on media. It's all too nuts.
I'm going to review everything by New Years and cut out everything non-essential. Bet I could save a good $100 a month and never miss it. I could get me a good bit of weed for that money. :p
I definitely hear ya Sal, it used to be so much easier, just pick a Cable package and with off air local channels that's all you'd have to worry about; now every Network -Tom, Dick, and Harry's got their grubby hands into our pockets and the fragmentation just doesn't seem to end...

At some point it seems I'll need to review my AT&T U-verse package to see what can be cut; because there may be a lot of overlap. The problem is their being sneaky smart about it by whittling off so called "Premium Content" that you can only get through their new Premium Channel (and oh, by the way, that'll be another $4.99 if ya want the good stuff ๐Ÿคฌ)

Grenade! ๐Ÿคนโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Anyone here in the US of A that watches an international film/TV release on Netflix knows what happens at the end. It seems like maybe 10 mins (probably more like three) where you have to watch the credits for language translations that extend far beyond anything you would watch, It's hard to skip forward. But I guess the people on Klingon are happy.

And maybe Disney should consider Fansubs:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2021/11/133_319171.html

Caught the first 2 episodes last night, sort of a weird mash up of Bruce Lee, Blade Runner, Truck Turner & The Fifth Element (y)
Looked like kind of an expensive production.

After all these positives, thanks, I watched the first episode last night, and loved it! and JP it really is a combo of those titles but with added humour.

Back