KISS "Destroyer" Box Set with Blu-Ray (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening now in Dolby Atmos -although only in 5.1 in my set up, sounds pretty good !

Attachments

• AE056A6B-A946-4369-84A0-9364BD5144D3.jpeg
    AE056A6B-A946-4369-84A0-9364BD5144D3.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 47
that was from importCD. The back of the actual KISS box has a small dent. I will not be keeping this one. It needs to be perfect, for the money spent.
So does that mean you can't/won't open it and have to wait for the one you ordered from AMZ? That's what sucks the most, it's right there within your grasp and you have to wait. What a cluster.

I just sampled a bit of the streaming Atmos mix at low volume on my 5.1 system - I dunno if it's $200 good (is any surround mix?), but it sounds like SW has done a great job as per usual. The car sound effects in "Detroit Rock City" are all over the place as you'd expect, but then the main guitars come in from the rears! The call-and-response vocals in "Shout It Out Loud" are in the rears just as I'd hoped. There's very little in the back at the beginning of "Do You Love Me", but then the rears spring to life with guitars and backing vocals during the chorus.

My delivery came earlier than expected but major shrink wrap damage will return for PRISTINE copy and get some promo because of it…will have to wait til after work….no airbags for protection either
754EF962-F2DF-4F48-BBC0-24E849213CD4.jpeg

Last edited:
If it’s actually that AMAZING….then it’ll open up the FLOODGATES for SW to do more classic rock titles!!!! JIMMY PAGE…TOM SHULTZ etc...I hope you are reading this
Don’t get too excited. Steven Wilson is already up to his eyeballs in various projects these days and he has stated he is only interested in doing the work of albums he has a connection with. Only he knows what those are and what priority he might put on them. And most importantly, his tastes may not align with yours, mine or anybody else’s.

I just sampled a bit of the streaming Atmos mix at low volume on my 5.1 system - I dunno if it's $200 good (is any surround mix?), but it sounds like SW has done a great job as per usual. The car sound effects in "Detroit Rock City" are all over the place as you'd expect, but then the main guitars come in from the rears! The call-and-response vocals in "Shout It Out Loud" are in the rears just as I'd hoped. There's very little in the back at the beginning of "Do You Love Me", but then the rears spring to life with guitars and backing vocals during the chorus.
Just listened to it and it’s generally a pretty good mix (given what he had to work with), but I didn’t care for guitars coming from the rears.

Don’t get too excited. Steven Wilson is already up to his eyeballs in various projects these days and he has stated he is only interested in doing the work of albums he has a connection with. Only he knows what those are and what priority he might put on them. And most importantly, his tastes may not align with yours, mine or anybody else’s.
So true….but I’m sure he’s a ROCKER at ❤️

So true….but I’m sure he’s a ROCKER at ❤
Maybe but most of the stuff he’s remixed is not what I would call ”rocker” music though. It tends more toward artsy more than blues based rocker music, IMO. Destroyer is kind of an outlier, but in the pre-80s Kiss albums, it’s the most “artsy”.

He did famously pass on the rest of the ELP catalog after doing 1 album though - and that’s artsy.

Maybe but most of the stuff he’s remixed is not what I would call ”rocker” music though. It tends more toward artsy more than blues based rocker music, IMO. Destroyer is kind of an outlier, but in the pre-80s Kiss albums, it’s the most “artsy”.

He did famously pass on the rest of the ELP catalog after doing 1 album though - and that’s artsy.
ELP and TULL

Back