Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the movie that critics LOVE to hate last night, CHAOS WALKING and found that unless you engage the English subtitles you won't know what the heck is going on. Actually an enjoyable romp and again, the UHD4K disc failed to play in my OPPO 205 [????] so I had to watch the included BD~V which was actually EXCELENT. Time to hook up my SONY X800!

Great surround and I do recommend this film to anyone who loves something ...well, DIFFERENT! And only $9.99 @ AmazonUS!

See the source image

Last edited:
Frankly, I found the entire concept of THE PURGE MOVIES offensive but being the bargain hunter I am, took a chance and ordered this latest Purge Movie from AmazonUS for under $10, brand new! For un Upscaled UHD4K disc, the image was fantastic and the Dolby ATMOS soundtrack amazing. With things being the way they are in this country .... hope this apocalyptic vision never EVER manifests itself.......and this flick is a pluperfect example of WHY IT NEVER SHOULD!

81pTnSAl3AL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
_Ran.jpg

I got a chance to watch the new 4k RAN. It has been awhile since I have watched my Criterion DVD version but the color was great as was the sharpness. I didn't notice anything to distract my viewing pleasure.
The surround ... well I think I need a better AVR because there was little non-musical use of the rears which makes me doubt my system (which I admit is entry level). I look forward to hearing what others thought of the sound.

View attachment 73740
I got a chance to watch the new 4k RAN. It has been awhile since I have watched my Criterion DVD version but the color was great as was the sharpness. I didn't notice anything to distract my viewing pleasure.
The surround ... well I think I need a better AVR because there was little non-musical use of the rears which makes me doubt my system (which I admit is entry level). I look forward to hearing what others thought of the sound.

Still haven't watched my copy, Marplot. But I sure do love the steelbook packaging.

Coming February 2022 from Flicker Alley, Fully Restored [1080p]

Repeat_Performance

The most requested film in the early years of the Film Noir Foundation’s restoration campaign, is finally available in digital form!
DELUXE BLU-RAY/DVD DUAL-FORMAT EDITION
An amazingly original hybrid of film noir, supernatural fantasy, and backstage melodrama, the film stars Joan Leslie as a Broadway actress who magically relives the previous year of her life, but can she alter the fateful mistakes and misjudgments that led to a New Year’s Eve tragedy? Think of it as film noir’s answer to It’s a Wonderful Life or a full-length precursor to The Twilight Zone.
Produced as a rare prestige picture by fledgling Eagle-Lion Pictures, the movie features an array of vivid performances: 21-year-old Joan Leslie as Sheila Page; Louis Hayward as her husband Barney; Virginia Field as Sheila’s personal and professional rival; Tom Conway as a suave stage producer; and Richard Basehart in his movie debut as poet William Williams.
In the years after its 1947 release, Repeat Performance seemingly vanished. For many who’d seen it, the film’s startling premise and stunning set-pieces became merely a tantalizing memory. But thanks to the dedication and diligence of the Film Noir Foundation in collaboration with UCLA Film & Television Archive and the Packard Humanities Institute, Repeat Performance lives again.

No 3D but I want to see this version of Dune, so I'll keep my eyes open for a UK site come Xmas

Actually Dunc, JPC.de has some pretty amazing deals and last night I ordered two discs from them [a BD~A/CD combo and a UHD4K disc NOT available in America] and the shipping/handling charges to the States was only $4.84 and they did remove the VAT!

Actually Dunc, JPC.de has some pretty amazing deals and last night I ordered two discs from them [a BD~A/CD combo and a UHD4K disc NOT available in America] and the shipping/handling charges to the States was only $4.84 and they did remove the VAT!
Unfortunately from Germany I'd get stung for tax & the exorbitant tax gathering fee (the 🤬 joy of Brexit) ! But I did notice there will be a 4k version on BD I'll watch out for in the UK (y)
Edit: The BD and Ultra BD are being released in the UK on 23 December, so I know what I want for Xmas!

Last edited:
Back