KISS "Destroyer" Box Set with Blu-Ray (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My delivery came earlier than expected but major shrink wrap damage will return for PRISTINE copy and get some promo because of it…will have to wait til after work….no airbags for protection eitherView attachment 73777
You may have a hard time getting one randomly in the mail with better shrink wrap. If you want perfect you better go to a B&M store (if one still exists in your area).

IMG_20211122_153329724.jpg
Mine arrived today 😀. I will check it out this evening

Maybe but most of the stuff he’s remixed is not what I would call ”rocker” music though. It tends more toward artsy more than blues based rocker music, IMO. Destroyer is kind of an outlier, but in the pre-80s Kiss albums, it’s the most “artsy”.

He did famously pass on the rest of the ELP catalog after doing 1 album though - and that’s artsy.

He did the first album and Tarkus.

Ordered on Sept. 28 at the KISS Store, received the following email last week;

Due to high demand and increased volume both at the warehouse and with the shipping carriers we've been experiencing some delays. The Destroyer 45th Deluxe Edition 2CD, Destroyer 45th Deluxe Edition 2LP, Destroyer 45th Limited Deluxe Edition 2LP, and the Destroyer 45th Super Deluxe 4CD + Blu-ray will not complete shipping the week of November 19th as originally scheduled.

I was thinking of cancelling and ordering somewhere cheaper, and that just made my mind up for me.

Due to high demand and increased volume both at the warehouse and with the shipping carriers we've been experiencing some delays. The Destroyer 45th Deluxe Edition 2CD, Destroyer 45th Deluxe Edition 2LP, Destroyer 45th Limited Deluxe Edition 2LP, and the Destroyer 45th Super Deluxe 4CD + Blu-ray will not complete shipping the week of November 19th as originally scheduled.

I was thinking of cancelling and ordering somewhere cheaper, and that just made my mind up for me.
I ordered from importCD and received it today, only the box showed up looking like someone drove over it with a fork truck. :(

I’d always go for IMPORTCD’s but never liked their CS policies, so for BACK UP I always use AMAZON….anywhere in the world…other then CANADA because the CDN branch of AMAZON are USELESS…AMAZON in my opinion has always had the BEST CS ….BAR NONE!!! Nuff said😁

Yay! Amazon just delivered Destroyer...and it's in perfect condition. So, that's the one I'll open....and send back the other one. Tonight, it's Destroyer in Atmos! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can’t wait for your review…..you HEADBANGER you!!!😂👍

speaking of HB’s why haven’t PRIEST or IRON MAIDEN or SCORPIONS ever released any of their AWESOME LP’s in multi-channel

OK, so this is a very knee-jerk comment. First impression of Kiss in Atmos. Sounds pretty damn sterile to me. Maybe I need an attitude adjustment......give me some time.

OK, so this is a very knee-jerk comment. First impression of Kiss in Atmos. Sounds pretty damn sterile to me. Maybe I need an attitude adjustment......give me some time.

Interesting, I felt Wilson made the album sound more 'hi-fi' with some of the reverb and other production elements stripped back a bit.

Interesting, I felt Wilson made the album sound more 'hi-fi' with some of the reverb and other production elements stripped back a bit.
And, I'm not comparing it to the original mix, at all. I'm just comparing it to other titles. Like, what Steven did with Roxy's debut. To me, it's night and day. Again, very knee-jerk. I need to listen more. I'm guessing I need to turn it up a bit. My wife is home, so can't do that.

Those who have spent your hard earned cash on this. Don't read much into my comments. I'm listening now at 81 db. For sure, it sounds better loud. And, don't get me wrong, there is plenty of activity in the surrounds, heights, etc. I just need to wrap my head around the overall fidelity.

More later....

Those who have spent your hard earned cash on this. Don't read much into my comments. I'm listening now at 81 db. For sure, it sounds better loud. And, don't get me wrong, there is plenty of activity in the surrounds, heights, etc. I just need to wrap my head around the overall fidelity.

More later....

Your honesty, Gene, as ALWAYS, is most welcomed. Being a peripheral Kiss fan, I avoided this release and instead satiated my KISS FIX by ordering this [IMO] fantastic sounding UHQ MQA Stereo Japanese Import which decodes in 24 bit on my system and includes most of their hits and I only paid $16, delivered, brand new from AmazonUS:
Smashes Thrashes & Hits (UHQCD-MQA) [Import]

Track Listing Info included:

https://www.importcds.com/smashes-thrashes-and-hits-uhqcd-mqa/4988031389300

More later....
My wife was in the other room...I told her.... "Honey, I'm going to play this really loud" hahaha. Then, I did. More pleasing loud, than modest volumes.

Back