Best. Customers. Ever.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nurses at the hospital were kind enough to take a picture of me right after the procedure

1625182217420.png

I am glad they put you to sleep doing it. Not putting you to sleep would be a war crime imho.
You would probably be amused to know that the Watt-Second selector switch adds rather large, unsympathetic capacitors in parallel.
200 is getting up there. About 450 is the max that they do and to lowest setting is usually about 50. The voltage is always the same. (About 450 DC !!!:oops:o_O) They slather contact liquid (salty gel) on your skin.
In an earlier life I was the paddle man.
PS: the last time I looked at diagrams of defibrillators was the very late nineties. The probably still do it the same since it was mature technology then.

Last edited:
I am glad the put you to sleep doing it. Not putting you to sleep would be a war crime imho.
You would probably be amused to know that the Watt-Second selector switch adds rather large, unsympathetic capacitors in parallel.
200 is getting up there. About 450 is the max that they do and to lowest setting is usually about 50. The voltage is always the same. (About 450 DC !!!:oops:o_O) They slather contact liquid (salty gel) on your skin.
In an earlier life I was the paddle man.
PS: the last time I looked at diagrams of defibrillators was the very late nineties. The probably still do it the same since it was mature technology then.
Hey here in the dark primitive jungles of Australia the maximum setting is now 200 Joules. I am rather moose like at 194 cm and 117 kg and I think I need a wallop! Recently I went for a chest X ray and the quack said the X Ray was opaque and he could not resolve any detail.......needed to crank it up a bit for me. I remember a previous X ray where they had issues reading me due to all the busted ribs (over 20).

Good news is so far / so good but there is a high probability of it coming back as it was stuck in Atrial Fibrillation for 4 months and the atrium enlarges slightly in that period. I am hoping to avoid a 4th ablation operation.

You are a bit diverse from being paddle boy to surround guru!

Hey guys.
You will never guess who is in hospital again. Yes it's Lil ol Chucky recovering from my second (left) partial knee replacement. Running 5 klm every second day for 35 years on concrete at a weight of 260 lbs just did not pay off.

Still very stiff and I won't be quite right fir 6 weeks. With a bit of luck my legs might now be the same length.

Aud$25,000 poorer thanks to the stupidity of our public health system not covering the better, safer, cheaper operation

Regards

Hop along Chuck

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_001351.jpg
    IMG_20211124_001351.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 86
And now with the bandage removed. The patches top and bottom of the main cut is where they drill through the bone to mount the mini position tracking units to the Mako robot. They get a precision alignment that way. Looks like my legs are finally the same length, I have been 2 cm shorter on my left hand side since my last right knee replacement around 4 years ago.

I am a train wreck

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_204945.jpg
    IMG_20211124_204945.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 94
Hey guys.
You will never guess who is in hospital again. Yes it's Lil ol Chucky recovering from my second (left) partial knee replacement. Running 5 klm every second day for 35 years on concrete at a weight of 260 lbs just did not pay off.

Still very stiff and I won't be quite right fir 6 weeks. With a bit of luck my legs might now be the same length.

Aud$25,000 poorer thanks to the stupidity of our public health system not covering the better, safer, cheaper operation

Regards

Hop along Chuck

get well soon! 🤗

And now with the bandage removed. The patches top and bottom of the main cut is where they drill through the bone to mount the mini position tracking units to the Mako robot. They get a precision alignment that way. Looks like my legs are finally the same length, I have been 2 cm shorter on my left hand side since my last right knee replacement around 4 years ago.

I am a train wreck
At least this time you didn’t have to do a cardiac ablation! And don’t get @fredblue all excited with all this talk about having 2 cm added LOL! Get well soon Chucky!

I am a train wreck
You're heading to being the Aussie Billion $ Man!
All the best, and hope you up and about soon.

I am a train wreck
kinda hobbled but re-leveled eh... I may need to adjust that Bobble Head design :unsure:

Back