Bruce Soord - Bruce Soord cd with 5.1 FLAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very enjoyable album to listen to.
When I first got it listened a few times right away and I liked the album right aways as it has a very nice flow from song to song.
The use of surround is very well done as well.
With all the other surround releases that came out around the same time I put this one aside but this week pulled it out again and have been giving it a few more listens and really enjoying it.
Giving this a solid 9.

peter

Anyone have any suggestions on finding this album in surround?

Persistence just paid off.. I bought the original CD (presale) but at that time I was not into 5.1 yet. I tried to get the 5.1 a month or so ago through Burning Shed to no avail... But then I managed to find my original download link for the 5.1 in my old purchase email from 2015. Obviously it didn't work anymore but when I contacted Burning Shed they kindly opened the link again for me today ...so..YES! Downloaded it and I am a happy man :) Cheers from Holland! Great service from Burning Shed!!

PS: Bruce/Kscope could have added this one as a bonus on his second ltd edition boxset! Must have been a reason not to...

Heyhey im new here, sorta, been lurking for quite a while. I have this album on CD and absolutely adore it, but it seems I missed the period to acquire this amazing record in 5.1. Does anyone here know how I might be able to get it?

Heyhey im new here, sorta, been lurking for quite a while. I have this album on CD and absolutely adore it, but it seems I missed the period to acquire this amazing record in 5.1. Does anyone here know how I might be able to get it?
I have the files in 5.1 but cant burn a copy

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the files 48Hz or 96Hz? I ask because it matters if you want a DVD. If they are 16/44 or 24/44 then I suppose a 5.1 DTS-CD could be made as a simple solution (well simple if you have a DTS encoder which also drops the extra bits).
Further along, most common bit depths/sample rate could be made into a DVDA but for a "spec" DVD or DVDA it's not as simple as burning files to a disc, although there is/was a program that will make "out of spec" DVDA with minimal effort called DVD Audio Solo or similar.

Thanks for this information; I have all that's available by The Pineapple Thief and Bruce Soord in surround and I must say, he does a really good job, the recent "Nothing but the truth" Bluray is a good example but also the "versions of the truth" bluray... I love the spatial sepration of the instruments, for instance, the positioning of the marimba in the rears (and uppers for the atmos) on "versions of the truth", even more pronounced in the alternative version of the album...
so I was immediately attracted by this post...
But I have a question: what do I need to listen to a Flac 5.1 file on my Marantz SR5010 amp ? For instance, do you think the amp could simply decode the file on a USB stick ? Sorry, I'm a complete neophyte for this sort of thing; I only use my SONY X800 and my discs for listening uptil now...

But I have a question: what do I need to listen to a Flac 5.1 file on my Marantz SR5010 amp ? For instance, do you think the amp could simply decode the file on a USB stick ? Sorry, I'm a complete neophyte for this sort of thing; I only use my SONY X800 and my discs for listening uptil now...

The X800 will decode them off a USB drive and sent PCM 5.1 to your amp.

Back