Black Friday 2021 - What did ya buy & what sales are ya watching? Post mega sale bargains too if ya see them....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to Lou's Records early, didn't need to really. Much smaller line that normal record store day.
Got:
Nancy Wilson - You And Me - blue vinyl
Matata - Independence
Roy Buchanan - The Prophet
Ticket For Doomsday
Ghosts of Mars soundtrack
Eric Essix - Songs From the Deep

From Target online Buy Two get One free(Target Exclusive versions) - ordered on BFRSD
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - vinyl with extra 2 songs
Nathaniel Rateliff And The Night Sweats - the Future
Evanescence

Off ebay with bidding on BFRSD
Fury In The Slaughterhouse: The Color Fury - MC SACD

shop.udiscovermusic.com is having 40% off everything. I've been wanting a copy of LL Cool J Mama Said Knock You Out for a while but didn't want to pay big bucks for an OG and I certainly didn't want that stupid Marvel jacket version instead of the iconic original. Turns out that site has a $20 pressing which with the sale was $12 then I had $7 in points accrued so it only cost me $5.

As to RSD, I bought the blue vinyl indie version of Jason Isbell Georgia Blue and the Little Feat Ultra-Sonic. I'm listening to that one now and it is smokin'!

Got to Lou's Records early, didn't need to really. Much smaller line that normal record store day.

From Target online Buy Two get One free(Target Exclusive versions) - ordered on BFRSD
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - vinyl with extra 2 songs
Nathaniel Rateliff And The Night Sweats - the Future
Evanescence

I bought the Plant/Krauss, Bela Fleck's new one and Cyndi Lauper's Xmas album.

I (back)ordered Loreena McKennitt's "The Visit" CD/blu ray set for $38.53 and R.E.M.'s "New Adventures In Hifi" for $34.99 from Deep Discount. Otherwise, I'm not currently waiting for anything else other an announcement from Dutton Vocalion. :unsure:

I got The Band's Stage Fright and Cahoots SDEs for $90 apiece, as part of UDiscover's 40% promo.

Thanks Jonathan. Ordered the Band Cahoots deluxe set, The UHD4K of Eric Clapton's The Girl in the Balcony and Motown: A Symphony of Soul with the Royal Philharmonic. Free s/h, as well. Should ship out December 10th When CAHOOTS is released.

Added 2 more 4Ks and 2 Blurays

Doctor Strange 4K 12.99
Clockwork Orange 4K 13.66
Walking Dead Season 5 Bluray 7.66 :LB
Rocky Horror 45th Ann 5.99 - Mainly for all the mega extras - have like 2 or 3 versions already :rolleyes:

:LB

Brother Snood [belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mom], I was SO excited when they announced the Native UHD4K release of A Clockwork Orange but ALL the reviews have unamimously stated that while the VIDEO is GREAT, the 5.1 DTS~HD MA 5.1 has problems up the Kazoo. One reviewer even stated listening to it in LOSSY DD MONO is the preferred way to listen!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Clockwork-Orange-4K-Blu-ray/238682/#Review

Last edited:
Added 2 more 4Ks and 2 Blurays

Doctor Strange 4K 12.99
Clockwork Orange 4K 13.66
Walking Dead Season 5 Bluray 7.66 :LB
Rocky Horror 45th Ann 5.99 - Mainly for all the mega extras - have like 2 or 3 versions already :rolleyes:

:LB
Most cool Sir Snoodster. And now that you've ordered Rocky Horror, next comes the antici-(wait for it!)-pation!

Brother Snood [belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mom], I was SO excited when they announced the Native UHD4K release of A Clockwork Orange but ALL the reviews have unamimously stated that while the VIDEO is GREAT, the 5.1 DTS~HD MA 5.1 has problems up the Kazoo. One reviewer even stated listening to it in LOSSY DD MONO is the preferred way to listen!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Clockwork-Orange-4K-Blu-ray/238682/#Review
That's no way to treat Ludwig Van! Maybe Beethoven himself did the audio himself while deaf!

That's no way to treat Ludwig Van! Maybe Beethoven himself did the audio himself while deaf!

Mr. E, as consummate a filmmaker as Stanley K was, he really didn't pay much attention to sound design. Clockwork was originally graced with a Monaural soundtrack and this is a 5.1 upmix [?] ........ so actually playing it back in LOSSY DD Mono, as a recent reviewer suggests, is the way Mr. K intended [well, maybe NOT lossy]!

But like Snoodville's most prominent citizen, I can't pass up a bargain .... and reconsidered! For $13.66 A Clockwork Orange will be mine ... as well.

Last edited:
Mr. E, as consummate a filmmaker as Stanley K was, he really didn't pay much attention to sound design. Clockwork was originally graced with a Monaural soundtrack and this is a 5.1 upmix [?] ........ so actually playing it back in LOSSY DD Mono, as a recent reviewer suggests, is the way Mr. K intended [well, maybe NOT lossy]!

But like Snoodville's most prominent citizen, I can't pass up a bargain .... and reconsidered! For $13.66 A Clockwork Orange will be mine ... as well.
Ah well, what can I say about Stanley K? Alas, he was way more into visuals, as you can tell from the fact that he was selling photos to Life magazine while simultaneously being a disinterested student at Taft High School in the Bronx(from which he graduated with a 68 average!). And though he was much, much older than I was and we never met, I did also graduate from the same high school with a higher GPA but with an ultimately WAY smaller resume in life LOL!

Amazon with the coupon for 1.33 checked Amazon.com: Clockwork Orange, A (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) [4K UHD] : Anthony Burgess, Malcolm McDowell, Patrick Magee, Adrienne Corri, Miriam Karlin, Michael Bates, Warren Clarke, John Clive, Carl Duering, Max L. Raab, Stanley Kubrick, Si Litvinoff, Stanley Kubrick, Stanley Kubrick: Movies & TV

Ah well, what can I say about Stanley K? Alas, he was way more into visuals, as you can tell from the fact that he was selling photos to Life magazine while simultaneously being a disinterested student at Taft High School in the Bronx(from which he graduated with a 68 average!). And though he was much, much older than I was and we never met, I did also graduate from the same high school with a higher GPA but with an ultimately WAY smaller resume in life LOL!

Interesting, Mr. E. My investor is an interesting character. He went to school in Coney Island and Jeffrey Epstein was in his class and he also lived in a building owned by Fred Trump and recalls that a certain D. Trump and his cousin used to go around collecting coins from the building's laundromats.

In the end, it all comes out in the WASH!

Back