Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here's the Apple Music Spatial Audio offering

(is it ok to post it in this thread btw? there's so many Atmos threads going on i'm totally confuddled now!)

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/never-enough-studio-version-ep/1581167380
Nope!! :D

Joking aside

That's why I asked the earlier question about what folk would prefer, to get easier access to all things Apple and Dobly Atmos, etc

I created the thread for exclusively streaming in Atmos to try to help folk get info on that particular branch of Dolby Atmos. After a couple of members said how about it.

But everyone is free to post whatever and wherever...:SB

I expect we will get this sorted eventually.

In hindsight I should have left the thread created by Will for the streaming and created a thread for listening to Dolby Atmos via physical media.

If only I had half a brain!! :D

Last edited:
If you can find time there was a pretty cool Youtube panel about mixing in Dolby Atmos last night featuring Greg Penny, Steve Genewick, Andrew Scheps, Dave Way and Fab Dupont. I only caught the second half live (it's pretty long!) but super interesting. Greg Penny makes an interesting point about Elton John right at the end. And they cover a lot about mixing. There was also an interesting topic about why they think Dolby Atmos is in for the long haul and is going to stick around...

well, that's 4 & 1/2 hours of my life i'll never get back! what a load of waffle over nothing.. and in the end "Elton likes Atmos" woopdeebleedindoo! unless we get more
than just Rocket Man released in Atmos who cares what the old panto dame thinks! 😂

the best thing to come out of all the chat was;

1.) Alan Parsons is now into Atmos!
(lets hope Elliot Scheiner has a similar Damascene conversion!)

2.) Steve Genewick's super busy doing lots of Atmos! yeay!

3.) Steve Genewick's showed a lot of car people the joys of Atmos! also a good thing!

4.) Everyone loves Rocket Man in Atmos!
(except me! i prefer the 5.1 but it may be my system isn't setup properly and that isn't to do with Will's linked video so i'll shut me cakehole!)

its obvious at least 4-5 of those guys really get Surround for Music.. i'm biased in that i think Greg Penny is the top MutliCh Music guy among that panel, when he is good he is Scheiner good (i have no higher praise) and Steve Genewick's
done some good stuff too - but even they have their missteps, i mean that RnR Circus mix is total juggling balls!! 😂

oh and the French fella's cute with some good input but seriously if you don't entirely believe in Atmos/Surround Music and he expressed scepticism several times over the course of the 4 & 1/2 hours.. oh sacre bleu mon ami, do kindly piss off and leave it to those who have a feel for it!! 💅 now i say that you watch he will become the Scheiner of Atmos!! 😂

Nope!! :D

Joking aside

That's why I asked the earlier question about what folk would prefer, to get easier access to all things Apple and Dobly Atmos, etc

I created the thread for exclusively streaming in Atmos to try to help folk get info on that particular branch of Dolby Atmos. After a couple of members said how about it.

But everyone is free to post whatever and wherever...:SB

I expect we will get this sorted eventually.

In hindsight I should have left the thread created by Will for the streaming and created a thread for listening to Dolby Atmos via physical media.

If only I had half a brain!! :D
I think it's cool to have a new thread for streaming Mike, as you've referenced Tidal/Apple which might be more identifiable for newbies down the line... We'll just have to be careful not to cross the streams like in Ghostbusters! :cool: 👻

Jingle Balls Ahoy!! 🎅🏻

its Ed and Elt's new Christmas song in Atmos!! 🎄

E2C0289B-66D9-4DB7-A659-9DF35BE1931F.jpeg

I’ve been waiting for this one. My understanding is the Blu has a few music videos for songs not on this album, but I don’t know if they have Atmos mixes. Where as this release, even the bonus tracks are in Atmos.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/magic-oneohtrix-point-never-expanded-edition/1589489446
I found this link for the Blu-ray + CD

https://opn.warp.net/release/246994...r-magic-oneohtrix-point-never-blu-ray-edition
From what I'm reading, it has all the songs in Atmos/ Stereo on the Blu-ray

Never heard of these folk before.

The Atmos mix sounds great, via Apple.

Just ordered it...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09FZQHQQ2?psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Last edited:
I found this link for the Blu-ray + CD

https://opn.warp.net/release/246994...r-magic-oneohtrix-point-never-blu-ray-edition
From what I'm reading, it has all the songs in Atmos/ Stereo on the Blu-ray

Never heard of these folk before.

The Atmos mix sounds great, via Apple.
It’s just one guy, but he’s been secretly shaping the experimental electronic scene since 2007. His early works blend drone ambient and noise, but other projects thought other pseudonyms helped make the underground genre Vaporwave, and he’s gone on to do the soundtrack to Good Time, and the Sadfie Brothers follow up film Uncut Gems, starring Adam Sandler (which the FILM has an Atmos soundtrack, with select songs definitely being mixed in Atmos, but no Atmos release of the soundtrack yet)

I fear the apple upload is borked however, at least for me. It’s complete silence on the track Long Road Home, which considering it’s one of the few tracks to get a music video, is definitely wrong…

It’s just one guy, but he’s been secretly shaping the experimental electronic scene since 2007. His early works blend drone ambient and noise, but other projects thought other pseudonyms helped make the underground genre Vaporwave, and he’s gone on to do the soundtrack to Good Time, and the Sadfie Brothers follow up film Uncut Gems, starring Adam Sandler (which the FILM has an Atmos soundtrack, with select songs definitely being mixed in Atmos, but no Atmos release of the soundtrack yet)

I fear the apple upload is borked however, at least for me. It’s complete silence on the track Long Road Home, which considering it’s one of the few tracks to get a music video, is definitely wrong…
Unfortunately, there are couple of tracks that are not playing but I like the quirkiness of his music.
And he has grasped Atmos.

Thanks for the info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back