Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused by the Atmos threads. Don't know if this includes physical discs or not...but anyway. I'm listening to the Atmos layer of King Crimson - I Talk To The Wind, from the massive 1969 box set sessions. So glad to have this....whoopie!

I have a 5.1.4 setup, all Klipsch speakers. :) Denon 4400H avr.

Last edited:
Confused by the Atmos threads. Don't know if this includes physical discs or not...but anyway. I'm listening to the Atmos layer of King Crimson - I Talk To The Wind, from the massive 1969 box set sessions. So glad to have this....whoopie!
Yes, I realised it was going to be confusing for folk, Gene, after I set up the Streaming in Atmos thread, when Mike and Pups were asking for simplifying the searches.

The idea was to keep this thread for listening to the physical releases in Atmos, so folk knew where to go for each element of this ever increasing world of Dolby Atmos Music.

It will take it's time to bed in I expect

Probably needs a new header topic solely for Atmos and its many areas of interest.

I wonder if that can be done retrospectively and add all these threads to it?

Last edited:
This tread are for all things Atmos, disc and streaming, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. But it's nice to mention what you're playing from. Also Atmos setup could be good to know, 5.1.4, 7.1.4, or whatever. :cool:

This tread are for all things Atmos, disc and streaming, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. But it's nice to mention what you're playing from. Also Atmos setup could be good to know, 5.1.4, 7.1.4, or whatever. :cool:
Fittingly, I was just listening to a Genesis track...not in Atmos (unfortunately)
Land of Confusion :D

TB ABSENCE.JPG

Nay, Farmer Mike. It's going to be a 'traditional' Christmas at ye ole homestead. But the title was intriguing and who knows.....maybe one day!
I certainly hope so Ralphie....it looks to be in for the long haul...and this Apple streaming is delivering a fantastic crimble pressie to those seeking multich music via the internet.

I got this as well. I'm pretty disappointed. While at times, the mix gets super aggressive and fun, it is almost like different people mixed different songs with some tracks being very conservatively mixed given the source material. This needed discrete Guero-style spreading of the various sampled effects across speakers, which is NOT what I found here.
I'm pleased you wrote that, as I thought it was me!! In fact, I played it straight through twice to see if I had set it up properly, as it was NOT the mix I was expecting.

I fully agree with your review.

I was going to compare it with the Apple Atmos version as I remember that having far more going on.
I'll do that tomorrow.

Overall I like the album and his videos are fun with good music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back