Pink Floyd PULSE Blu-Ray out in February

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://shop.pinkfloyd.com/product/X3AMPF957/pulse-restored-reedited-blu-ray-box-set?cp=84221_110863
Deluxe 2x Blu-ray deluxe box set in rigid slipcase with video footage expertly re-edited from the original tape masters in 2019. The cover design, originally created for the 2006 DVD release, has also been updated. This release also sees the reintroduction of the iconic pulsating light as per the original 1995 CD release. The deluxe packages include music videos, concert screen films, documentaries, Pulse Tour rehearsal footage & more, alongside a 60-page booklet.

DISC 1 THE CONCERT FILM
  1. SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND, PARTS 1-5,7
  2. LEARNING TO FLY
  3. HIGH HOPES
  4. TAKE IT BACK
  5. COMING BACK TO LIFE
  6. SORROW
  7. KEEP TALKING
  8. ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL, PART 2
  9. ONE OF THESE DAYS
    THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
  10. SPEAK TO ME
  11. BREATHE (IN THE AIR)
  12. ON THE RUN
  13. TIME
  14. THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY
  15. MONEY
  16. US AND THEM
  17. ANY COLOUR YOU LIKE
  18. BRAIN DAMAGE
  19. ECLIPSE
    ENCORES
  20. WISH YOU WERE HERE
  21. COMFORTABLY NUMB
  22. RUN LIKE HELL
DISC 2 MUSIC VIDEOS, TOUR SCREEN FILMS, DOCUMENTARIES & ADDITIONAL MATERIAL, all in STEREO ONLY

MUSIC VIDEOS (BD 48/24, DVD 48/16)
  1. TAKE IT BACK 1994
  2. HIGH HOPES 1994
  3. MAROONED 2014

PULSE TOUR REHEARSAL 1994 (BD 96/24, DVD 48/16)
  4. A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM VERSION 1
  5. A GREAT DAY FOR FREEDOM VERSION 2
  6. LOST FOR WORDS

CONCERT SCREEN FILMS 1994 (BD 96/24, DVD 48/16)
  7. SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND PARTS 1-4,7
  8. SPEAK TO ME
  9. TIME
  10. THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY
  11. MONEY
  12. US AND THEM (BLACK & WHITE)
  13. US AND THEM (COLOUR)
  14. BRAIN DAMAGE + ECLIPSE North American Dates
  15. BRAIN DAMAGE + ECLIPSE European Dates
  16. BRAIN DAMAGE Earls Court, London Dates

DOCUMENTARIES & ADDITIONAL MATERIAL (BD 48/24, DVD 48/16)
  17. THE DIVISION BELL ALBUM COVER PHOTOGRAPHY (Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK) 1994
  18. PULSE TV AD 1995
  19. THE DIVISION BELL AIRSHIPS 1994
  20. BEHIND THE SCENES Interviews with the Lead Technicians for the Division Bell Tour

ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION 1996 (BD 48/24, DVD 48/16)
  21. WISH YOU WERE HERE with BILLY CORGAN

AUDIO-ONLY LIVE RECORDINGS (BD&DVD 96/24)
  22. ONE OF THESE DAYS LIVE IN HANOVER 1994
  23. ASTRONOMY DOMINE LIVE IN MIAMI 1994

I have the 1995 CD and the 2005 DVD, I'm on the fence on this one. I know the old DVD is in Dolby 640 kb/s, but it sounds decent to me. The price is a little high for me, especially if I compare it to the Delicate Sound Of Thunder boxset, which is 4 discs (i got it for ~65$CAD). I got lucky on this one and on A Momentary Lapse of reason (50$CAD). Guess I'll wait and see if I can get it at a decent price.

Awesome! but..... Animals sits in a warehouse somewhere.

I saw them on the DB tour so I've always liked the Pulse concert dvd/cds and will definitely be buying this for the upgrade to blu-ray but it's a shame that they didn't do the work necessary to release it in 4K-HD. I guess they will release that ten years from now and we'll buy it again. LOL...

I can handle the fact that it's been standards converted from PAL to NTSC. But what I can't stand is that they've halved the frame rate to 'filmise' it (despite it being shot on videotape).
That said... I still have my original PAL DVD release, so....

Awesome! but..... Animals sits in a warehouse somewhere.

I saw them on the DB tour so I've always liked the Pulse concert dvd/cds and will definitely be buying this for the upgrade to blu-ray but it's a shame that they didn't do the work necessary to release it in 4K-HD. I guess they will release that ten years from now and we'll buy it again. LOL...
WOW!!!! Must have been AWESOME Pink Floyd/David Bowie on the same bill?! Take me away CALGON!!!! YESSSSSKUL:SB:LB:hi:rocks:bowing::LOL:😉😄🤣

Back