Pink Floyd PULSE Blu-Ray out in February

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I get it without the blinking light please…

R.97b5b8360b0258b748609897f02ec4fa

SORRY ...... NO Substitutions!

Last edited:
Can I get it without the blinking light please…
Just take out the battery. ;)

I'd be all over it if there was any improvement over The Later Years content but I'm pretty dang sure that release was as good as it's ever going to get video and audio wise.
A shame too for IMHO PF was never better than they were at that point in their careers. I was at the concert live in July 1994 at Soldier Field, Chicago and after seeing them twice before this, it was the pinnacle for me. Also the closing Comfortably Numb on the video is the best I've ever seen David play it.
Some (including me) consider it the Worlds Greatest Rock Guitar Solo.

No, mainly because the audio from PULSE has not been remixed, so there would not be any difference from the current CDs and vinyl.
So, despite the edited video with different angles used, the audio is exactly the same? No time cut or added? And it's the same mastering?

I have the LatER Years box so technically I don’t need this but it would be nice to have an easily accessible version in new packaging and that wonderful RED blinking Led light.

btw….I have the old CD version with the red blinking light but I failed to check on the battery compartment for a few years and the batteries melted ruining my blinking light. I did buy a replacement via eBay but it will be nice to have a new updated blinking light version. :)

Awesome! but..... Animals sits in a warehouse somewhere.

I saw them on the DB tour so I've always liked the Pulse concert dvd/cds and will definitely be buying this for the upgrade to blu-ray but it's a shame that they didn't do the work necessary to release it in 4K-HD. I guess they will release that ten years from now and we'll buy it again. LOL...

It would be impossible to release PULSE in 4K as it was shot on SD video at the time. It does a look a little better on Blu-Ray but the inherent limitations of the source still show clear as day, unlike "Delicate Sound of Thunder" which was shot on film and looks amazing in HD.

:)

So, despite the edited video with different angles used, the audio is exactly the same? No time cut or added? And it's the same mastering?

Yes, it's the same mix and mastering as the 2006 DVD, but it does sound better now without the lossy compression present on the DVD release. Apparently, David Gilmour wanted Andy Jackson to remix the audio, but James Guthrie, who is credited as a co-producer on the release, did not allow the audio to be remixed again.

1639856492536.jpeg

I have the DVD, and apparently still had the VHS copy from back in the day.:D Did these have the blinking red light as well? Maybe not, regardless I used to buy plastic cases for movies/concerts and cut up the sleeve to fit on the outside of the case. Sacrilege today to do that no doubt.

It would be impossible to release PULSE in 4K as it was shot on SD video at the time. It does a look a little better on Blu-Ray but the inherent limitations of the source still show clear as day, unlike "Delicate Sound of Thunder" which was shot on film and looks amazing in HD.

:)
Thank you for that information. Now I know not to hope for much improvement on this blu or any future 4K.

I was at the concert live in July 1994 at Soldier Field, Chicago and after seeing them twice before this, it was the pinnacle for me. Also the closing Comfortably Numb on the video is the best I've ever seen David play it.
Some (including me) consider it the Worlds Greatest Rock Guitar Solo.
I saw this show in Toronto, at the CNE stadium, a venue that isn't actually there anymore. If you're Canadian (or close to one, like me) you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you are aren't and don't have a clue, that refers to the Canadian National Exhibition. It happens in the last half of August on its own permanent fairgrounds in Toronto. Its Canada's version to the Worlds Fair, and basically the largest Fair event I've ever been to. It is awesomeness in itself. A day at the CNE, followed by the Floyd show.... It was one of the greatest days of my life that didn't involve sex...

Back